Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:43:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 212
Total: 212

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Born This Way new Lady Gaga LP 99 cents today only!  (Read 15394 times)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Born This Way new Lady Gaga LP 99 cents today only!
« on: May 23, 2011, 02:17:22 pm »
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2011/05/amazon-sells-gaga-cd-for-99-cents.html

Downloading it is a hassle but for 99 cents for an entire album I don't care how long it takes.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Born This Way new Lady Gaga LP 99 cents today only!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 04:32:19 pm »
This is actually a very good deal, Ms. Etrey.  While I am not too crazy about this artiste I have to admit that I kinda like that song "The Edge of Glory" (it reminds me of one of 80's guilty pleasures, Vixen's "Edge of a Broken Heart"  ;D).

At any rate, this is worth buying even if only for the fact that by purchasing this album you get a free upgrade to Amazon's 20 GB Cloud Drive.

Downloading it is a hassle but for 99 cents for an entire album I don't care how long it takes.

Downloading music from Amazon shouldn't be a hassle, unless you happen to be on a very slow connection.  I buy stuff from them quite often --and they offer many excellent free world music samplers every week-- and it takes just a few seconds.  Even on my measly 12Mb connection I've never had an issue.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:46:19 pm by Rev. Moon »
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:07:15 pm »
I just downloaded it and it took about 5 seconds for most of it, a minute or two for the rest. The downside is that the hard copy will have 17 songs instead of just 14, and the special edition has like 6 or 7 extra songs. I'm ordering hard copies from her website, where you can actually get a vinyl copy included for something like $40 or if you want to shell out big bucks, you can get it on a series of vinyl picture discs. Add $20 for a special t-shirt.

Of course, I will be paying for whatever I decide on from my Lady Gaga wallet, which is the shit, and come to Seattle for AMG if you want to see it! (I had a credit on paypal so I got me the wallet and Santi a groovy T-shirt.)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:14:51 pm »
so three years ago
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:51:14 pm »
New story on MSN about "Amazon's Lada Gaga-gate:"

http://money.msn.com/stock-broker-guided/article.aspx?post=870d69f0-8f0b-4660-9701-925806198782&GT1=33031

Hope everyone's downloads not only download all 14 songs, but actually can play them... :o
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 03:20:21 am »
I understand limewire still works for those who never upgraded to the 5.0 version.  Of course you'd be cheating Gaga out of her cut of the 99 cents. 

For those huge Gaga fans, she was on "The View" today.  Barbara tries to take credit for her success..lol.  Babs is always trying to take credit for something or talking about how she is friends with this powerful person and that one.   Anyway, Gaga comes out in boots that are an ankle injury waiting to happen.  I did not know she was on "The Sopranos" when she was 15.     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EP4d_QUXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udTsVjRZPDY

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 06:51:17 am »
Who is sponsoring this price?  Amazon, as a "loss leader"?  (A loss leader gets you in the store, the store loses money selling it.)

For all her avant garde savy, she could have made sure this wouldn't be a technical snafu.  Or, she had no control and is now pissed at Amazon'

Seeing as she markets herself as such a stella er stellar global super-star, philanthropic and political, and all, she could have arranged her own flawless download promotion with a nice kick to gay marriage campaigns, or some other cause.  

Retail and label make the most percentage on most cds.  Wonder who is taking the hit on this 99c price, and why.  

Also, 99c?  If I were an artist I would fear this would cheapen my "brand".  Better it were free, or retail.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:46:17 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 07:53:36 am »
The deal was for yesterday only.  It's over now and I'm pretty sure it wasn't advertised, so if you didn't catch it then it's you have to pay full price today and from now on.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 08:02:35 am »
That caused the Amazon servers to max out yesterday. 

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 08:03:43 am »
That caused the Amazon servers to max out yesterday. 

Yup that's why I was having trouble downloading.  I left the download running while I went to work and unfortunately their downloads time out in under 12 hours.  So I need to call them today to get the last 4 tracks.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 08:29:12 am »
Seeing as she markets herself as such a stella er stellar global super-star, philanthropic and political, and all, she could have arranged her own flawless download promotion with a nice kick to gay marriage campaigns, or some other cause.  

Retail and label make the most percentage on most cds.  Wonder who is taking the hit on this 99c price, and why.  

Also, 99c?  If I were an artist I would fear this would cheapen my "brand".  Better it were free, or retail.

If you'll bother to look at her website, you'll see that you can buy a download of the album and she'll donate a dollar to the MAC AIDS fund. During her Austin concert she was raising money for homeless GLBT kids.

As for the cheap price, I think she's vying for a digital artist Billboard award next year. Bieber swept that up Sunday.

I think a lot of fans are going to buy the download and at least one hard copy.

Offline mecch

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 12:25:00 pm »
If you'll bother to look at her website, you'll see that you can buy a download of the album and she'll donate a dollar to the MAC AIDS fund. During her Austin concert she was raising money for homeless GLBT kids

Thats more like it!

So who ate the cost of the Amazon offer? Gaga? Amazon?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Basquo

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 12:38:22 pm »
It coul be either one or both. Gaga knows her fans will likely buy a hard copy too, and Amazon is desperately trying to promote their new Cloud Player.

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 12:49:31 pm »
What was the quality of that 99ç Amazon download, and of an Amazon download generally?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 12:55:17 pm »
so over-rated, so over

Offline mecch

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 01:14:35 pm »
Ho-hum reviews. 

Remember the days of "Remainder Bins".  Gee that was humiliating for artists.

Then there were the years of "budget priced" CDs.  I still see racks of these in the CD shops.  Which we still have in Switzerland. But very few dedicated music shops.  Just in the big chains. 

I bought some CDs about 5-6 years ago when the shops were doing their going out of business sales. 

Albums were rather nice objects.  Cd's never so much.  Though there were nice designs occasionally.

A CD jewel case looks a quaint to me now as a cassette looked when CDs were sexy. 

I wish the mass-market reign of the MP3 would die already so there was more demand for new experiences in Hi-def sound. 

Offline Basquo

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 02:11:51 pm »
What was the quality of that 99ç Amazon download, and of an Amazon download generally?

Good questions. My first ever download from Amazon besides Kindle books. I'v only played it on my work PC and it sounds decent. What I'm really wanting to know is will I be able to download it again to my home PC, actually save the files to the PC and not use their Cloud Player, and will it work nicely with my iTunes?

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 02:44:11 pm »
Unless there is something special about this particular promotion you can download it to your PC and play it through iTunes if you want. I buy music through Amazon sometimes because it can be cheaper than iTunes. I have been using Amazon's Cloud Player since it was released and have not had any problems. Google Music is very similar and is in Beta version (for people who use Chrome). Apple is still working on their cloud music system.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »
Unless there is something special about this particular promotion you can download it to your PC and play it through iTunes if you want. I buy music through Amazon sometimes because it can be cheaper than iTunes. I have been using Amazon's Cloud Player since it was released and have not had any problems. Google Music is very similar and is in Beta version (for people who use Chrome). Apple is still working on their cloud music system.

:-*

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 08:25:24 pm »
Gaga is so pre-Rapture.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 08:28:01 pm »
Good questions. My first ever download from Amazon besides Kindle books. I'v only played it on my work PC and it sounds decent. What I'm really wanting to know is will I be able to download it again to my home PC, actually save the files to the PC and not use their Cloud Player, and will it work nicely with my iTunes?

Any music that you buy from them gets saved to your cloud drive (it doesn't use up any of the space that they give you) and you can download it anywhere, as many times as you wish --and play it on iTunes, your iPod, etc.  Their mp3 files are usually 256 kbps, which is decent, but obviously not CD quality (a good number of people can't tell the difference, especially when it comes to this type of music --it only matters, in my opinion, if you're downloading jazz, classical, and some other genres).  I expect Philicia to roll her eyes any minute soon as she always bitches at me for not downloading FLACs  ::)
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 08:44:59 pm »
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline mecch

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »
Sorry gaga I think Ill rip you off and download the album as a flac but in your honor I'll give a fiver to the little monster at the train station who always asks for money. 

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 11:19:22 pm »
Sorry gaga I think Ill rip you off and download the album as a flac but in your honor I'll give a fiver to the little monster at the train station who always asks for money. 

Quelle horreur, Mécha!

Offline mecch

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 06:00:38 am »
Ok, ok.   ;)  My guess its not a full CD listen so I'll probably just copy a few songs from friends and put my CH to that "summer album" I'm impatient to find.  ???

Offline Basquo

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 08:40:22 am »
I expect Philicia to roll her eyes any minute soon as she always bitches at me for not downloading FLACs  ::)

She hasn't given more than 8 syllables a post so far in this thread so I don't know why you expect an eyeroll.   ::)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 08:42:48 am »
She hasn't given more than 8 syllables a post so far in this thread so I don't know why you expect an eyeroll.   ::)

My analysis thus far has been ever so spot on.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:49 am »
 ::)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 10:13:35 am »
My analysis thus far has been ever so spot on.

Very.  You should work for Bloomberg.   ::)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 12:26:00 pm »
Well after getting the whole album downloaded I must say I'm a lot more impressed than I thought I would be.  Initially I was not happy with the three singles I'd heard.  Born this way and Judas were at best passable and I didn't like Edge of Glory at all.  After having listening to the album through a few times it flows a lot better.  I really enjoy "Government Hooker" especially with the short New Order sample.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 12:35:40 pm »
short New Order sample.

... good thing I bought "Blue Monday" (import) the first day it came out

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 12:42:11 pm »
... good thing I bought "Blue Monday" (import) the first day it came out

How did you know I wasn't talking about Bizarre Love Triangle?  A-HA!  I smell a secret lady gaga fan hiding in her monster closet!

This was a cleverly laid Philly trap.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 12:45:36 pm »
I didn't like Edge of Glory at all.  ... I really enjoy "Government Hooker" especially with the short New Order sample.
aww, I really like EofG; but agree totally about GHooker. ;D That may be the best cut. I also like Fashion of his love with it's "‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody" sound mixed in with a little something that sounds like a Tears for Fears "Shout" sample.

though I am totally over all the religious symbolism in this disc. Ick!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 12:52:47 pm »
aww, I really like EofG; but agree totally about GHooker. ;D That may be the best cut. I also like Fashion of his love with it's "‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody" sound mixed in with a little something that sounds like a Tears for Fears "Shout" sample.

though I am totally over all the religious symbolism in this disc. Ick!

I think it's interesting everyone was comparing her to Madonna because of Born This Way, because after listening to the album as a whole I'm getting the impression it's supposed to be this massive homage to the 80s.  There are shades and tones of so many different 80s sounds on it.  It's really REALLY well done as a whole, but if you pick apart the singles individually they don't necessarily make as much sense.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 12:53:57 pm »
How did you know I wasn't talking about Bizarre Love Triangle?  A-HA!  I smell a secret lady gaga fan hiding in her monster closet!

This was a cleverly laid Philly trap.

My comment was merely to establish my bonafides circa 1983. The day you trap me in anything is the day I retire.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 01:03:42 pm »
My comment was merely to establish my bonafides circa 1983. The day you trap me in anything is the day I retire.

It's about time you retire girl, you tired.  Love ya, kisses!

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 02:04:58 pm »
Now the economics off Factory records is interesting and a hoot.
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:11 am »
Now, this really is worth just 99 cents.  Poor Brittany.  You can almost see her counting her steps, 1, 2, 3, bang on box, flip hair, throw ass in the air.  She just doesn't seem to be interested much at all.  And, of course, no live singing as usual.  She really has lost her groove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUtd4ci8Es

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2011, 04:43:25 am »
Dire, isn't it?

Every appearance for the new disc in the last few months has been the same striking (lack of) performance, as you noted.  Counting out the steps.  In one the dancers were walking her through most of it, holding her hands. 

In this one you posted, she is almost always touching something, as if she has no balance. 

That girl used to be a pretty good dancer.  So it begs the question, what exactly happened to her that she can't walk 5 meters without support?

I stick to my opinion however that the disc is really interesting, enjoyable and a bit weird.  That's because I love production and there's great production all the way through it. 

So somebody had the sense to hire good producers to turn out an interesting and danceable disc. 

But nobody knows how to hire people to put together a floor show??? 

And what puts a young woman in such a state? 

Another thread, perhaps.  But I don't think anyone's interested.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2011, 09:30:20 am »
Now, this really is worth just 99 cents.  Poor Brittany.  You can almost see her counting her steps, 1, 2, 3, bang on box, flip hair, throw ass in the air.  She just doesn't seem to be interested much at all.  And, of course, no live singing as usual.  She really has lost her groove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUtd4ci8Es

When I saw the title of the video, I thought it was going to be about a fish.

Guess it still was, in a way. ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 10:05:41 am »
Every appearance for the new disc in the last few months has been the same striking (lack of) performance, as you noted.

I stick to my opinion however that the disc is really interesting, enjoyable and a bit weird.  That's because I love production and there's great production all the way through it. 

And what puts a young woman in such a state? 
I agree ;), I actually like the disc because of it's near total electronic production rather than talent. I don't think I even saw a mic on her anyway.

and speaking of her "state:"
Britney Spears' former manager Sam Lufti is suing the pop star for defamation. But according to Billboard, Spears' parents, who still have her under conservatorship, claim the 29-year-old is "mentally incapable" of testifying in the trial.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/britney-spears-parents-shes-mentally-incapable-2011135
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/13/britney-spears-mentally-incapable_n_861594.html

after listening to the album as a whole I'm getting the impression it's supposed to be this massive homage to the 80s.  There are shades and tones of so many different 80s sounds on it.
as I was power-washing the siding on the house yesterday, I listened through this disc several times in a row and I agree with you. ;) It's definitely different from the stuff on The Fame Monster disc and does have all sorts of retro-80s twangs about it.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 02:21:09 pm »
I confess I downloaded Britney's latest album (for free, legally). Not one keeper. Really bad.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 02:55:56 pm »
I confess I downloaded Britney's latest album (for free, legally). Not one keeper. Really bad.

I really like it more for the production then the "talent".  Music is so subjective. 

I like the new Gaga, but don't LOVE it.  Maybe it will grow on me?

BTW - we are all big homos for putting forth this much effort discussing Britney and Gaga   ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 03:11:45 pm »
People actually listen to Britney? ::)

Offline mecch

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »
Britney's disc reminds me of those discs were uber cool producers, DJs etc remix some old classic star.  She's barely present on the album but after many listens occassionally I am attracted to the reedy voice.   Its extremely consistent and interesting hard dance all the way through.

So I listened to Gaga all the way through today, hi def, good earphones, too.

I am not the biggest fan of four on the floor euro dance, and most of this disc is that, but I like the stompers:  Government Hooker, Scheibe, Highway Unicorn, Electric Chapel.

Pat Benetar, Billy Idol. Heart.  Edge of Glory is 80's power rock.  Not my cup of tea at all.

Bad Kids is witty, but not so enjoyable.   Heavy Metal Lover has promising fuzz but the song goes nowhere.

I skipped a few tunes mid song the first run through.  I really can't deal with all this bombast.  I did listen to them all completely, finally, but it was a bit of a slog.

Later today I listened to the very trippy Wild Beasts - Smother.   A few run complete listens and I felt VERY grown up and chic and made myself a sophisticated cocktail.  

I can't imagine that Gaga's disc is "gay icon" gold.  It seems cynically calculated for maximum global sales, a very young market of rowdies, and to sound catchy on car radios.  

It doesn't feel the slightest avant-garde but I do think its pretty shrewd stadium pop.

I'm sure some DJs can coax some dance floor gems out of it. But of the really coarse Ibiza pow pow disco type.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:44:47 pm by mecch »

Offline mecch

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 07:46:26 pm »
People actually listen to Britney? ::)

2nd or 3rd time you can't seem to grasp this.  But now that she's a hollow shell, the music got interesting, go figure.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011, 10:52:23 pm »
Amazon is offering it again today for $0.99. And Clarence Clemons from the E. Street Band does the sax on Egde of Glory. The 80's references are becoming obvious, as that was radio music in her early life.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 05:21:00 am »
I can't imagine that Gaga's disc is "gay icon" gold.  It seems cynically calculated for maximum global sales, a very young market of rowdies, and to sound catchy on car radios.  

It's funny you say this because this is the exact opposite of my thinking.  I like the album and I get the impression not a whole lot of people will.  It definitely comes across as not radio friendly to me, but I suppose we'll see in time.

Offline mecch

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2011, 08:52:02 am »
I think its for teenage outcasts, goths, emos, fairies.  What grown up gay responds to this "little monster" nonsense.  Her gay spokesmanship is almost offensive at times, for being presumptuous.

I think straight party boys and girls in their 20's will like it.  Maybe young gay party boys but not avant garde types.  

I think the latin and german numbers are there just to invite these audiences.  Bollywood mix here, country mix there.  

The NJ rock and pop also -- to sound good on American radio and invite "average folks" into the fan base.  

Out of the box there isn't much that is serious dance club ready.  And for what it is, i'm not sure its effervescent enough for tacky gay bars.  I noticed at Cologne carnival, every time Gaga music came on in packed gay bars, the energy fell, cause the music and beats are leaden.  

I can easily see a lot of her music moving people onto the dance floor in straight clubs - like Madonna's always did, but falling flat in any progressive place.   ANY hit moves people onto the cruise ship's dance floor, cause its "hey, I love this song" material.

The effort has a Vegas feel.  Couldn't you see this bombast in residence at Caesar's Colosseum?
Blue hairs being mildly scandalized by her lucite cock heels?  She'll do alternate nights with Marilyn Manson or someone like that.

Fun had by all. A good show.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:55:08 am by mecch »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.