POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 06:24:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23515
  • Latest: Sevans
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639729
  • Total Topics: 48560
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 119
Total: 121

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: National Call-In Day to Support Funding for ADAP - April 5th  (Read 19248 times)

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
National Call-In Day to Support Funding for ADAP - April 5th
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:22:24 PM »
National Call-In Day to Support Funding for Domestic HIV/AIDS Programs!
Call Your Congressional Leaders on Tuesday, April 5th

http://capwiz.com/aac/issues/alert/?alertid=39323501

BACKGROUND INFO:
Congress has not yet passed a final Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 funding bill. Short-term Fiscal Year 2011 funding for government programs runs out at midnight on April 8th, and domestic programs that support health care and other services for people with HIV/AIDS are at risk for cuts. Congress also wants to use policy riders to limit the use of federal funding for important HIV-related programs, such as syringe exchange and public health programs that provide HIV and STD testing and other related medical services; and defund health care reform implementation. Congressional leadership is negotiating a final FY 11 funding bill now and may vote on it sometime over the next few days.

ACTION NEEDED:
Please call the following Congressional Leadership and ask them to support full funding for domestic HIV/AIDS programs and no policy riders.  Please help make these critical calls!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), 202-224-3542
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), 202-225-0600
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), 202-224-3135

I am calling to ask the Senator/Speaker to support full funding for domestic HIV/AIDS programs and no policy riders in the final FY11 funding bill!

Amidst rising infection rates and shrinking state and local budgets, full federal funding for HIV/AIDS programs is more vital than ever.  Over 1.1 million people currently are living with HIV and there are an estimated 56,000 new infections annually.  Early and reliable access to HIV care and treatment help people with HIV live healthy and productive lives and is cost effective.  Investing in HIV prevention today translates into greater health and less spending in the future.

In my state/district, HIV programs are greatly needed, because (insert local details or tell personal story.)

If you have questions about AIDS United or this campaign, please contact Jimmy Schneidewind at jschneidewind@aidsunited.org.  More info available at AIDS United http://www.aidsunited.org/

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS IMPORTANT MATTER
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline liketheboat

Re: National Call-In Day to Support Funding for ADAP - April 5th
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
i sent my senators emails. lets hope they do the right thing and fund these programs.
Aaron
Memorial Day 2010 Seroconverted
Labor Day 2010 tested positive
Oct 2010 cd4 359 vl 6,500
Dec 2010 cd4 vl 306
Jan 2011 started Atripla
Feb 2011 cd4 250 vl ud
April 2011 cd4 399 vl ud
June 2011 cd4 293 vl ud
October 2011 cd4 354 vl ud
March 2012 cd4 561 vl ud

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »
I called AND emailed my federal legislators today.

I already spoke face-2-face with my state legislators two days in a row last week. I even gave them cookies to entice them into fully funding ADAP at the state level :D
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline WillyWump

• your ramblings bore Yamaguchi Kitteh
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »

... I even gave them cookies to entice them into fully funding ADAP at the state level :D

Leather, the problem is that you are not giving them Lemon Bars. Lemon BArs= full funding.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.