POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647564
  • Total Topics: 49346
  • Online Today: 205
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: And again Warts.  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Nextdoor_guy

And again Warts.
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:23:10 AM »
hey guys, as you know, I've posted before, am dealing with this fucking anal warts.
Been to the Dr in december, but they scare the shit out of me, so didn't go back...

And since then, I started a treatment with Inosine - pills, and the results are kinda good, the external warts almost dissapeared and the internal ones became smaller, but still they are kinda big and bothering me... and need to do something about it. When been to see a Dr. they told me that the internal ones are too big to have a surgery.
So my question for those who had surgeries for internal ones, if they had large masses...

I've read also about injections directly into the warts with zinc sulphate are very highly effective specially with recalcitrant warts.

So any information is welcome.
Thank you guys for being around.

G.

There's too much confusion.

Offline sdguyloveslife

Re: And again Warts.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 02:22:54 PM »
What scares the shit out of you?  The doctor or the warts? 

Are you visiting your doc who treats you for HIV?  Who prescribed the inosine?  Or did you buy that on your own from the internet?  Reason I ask - I'm surprised they would just send you out the door with a bottle of inosine with other treatment options so readily available and far more effective.  Have you been back to this doc since the inosine now that they are smaller? 

Your regular HIV doc is a good place to start because most HIV docs have seen lots of anal warts.  In fact, most have the liquid nitrogen right there in the office to treat warts.  There's also chemical treatments like podofilox. 

As far as the "internal" ones, how far internal are they?  As a general rule, HPV infects fairly specific tissue and once you get too far in, your tissue type changes and thus, they don't find those areas too pleasing.  I'm not sure I understand your doc's surgery comment.  There are a few "front line" options you should be taking long before surgery. 

I'd suggest trying a different doc.  If your HIV doc can't treat them, he surely can refer you to a proctologist who can. 
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 02:54:56 PM »
This may not be relevant to your situation but here it is for what its worth. I have anal warts presently and the doc put this gel called 'podophyllin'. They have since reduced in size. I'm supposed to go back and he's gonna have a look. He said they should be gone over a course of 3 or 4 or maybe more weekly visits
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Nextdoor_guy

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 01:53:19 AM »
Spacebarsux, did you used podofilox for outside warts I guess ... ?
my problem is with the inside ones and I am not sure it can be used this way..

And Sdguy, unfortunately where I live, Eastern European country, the HIV and the collateral things is something kinda "new" and the Doc have less experience then the American/west European Docs have.
So of course I went to HIV doc, and put her in contact with the rectal surgeon, because HPV and HIV are "connected".

and why I said I was scared, it's because the surgeon said I need to do a colostomy (I guess you know what's that). And even though am not a Doctor, am damn sure that the situation is not so bad.
True that I had big clusters. but this was because I started the HIV treatment having some small warts, and the HIV Doc said it's ok to start, even though I've read round here that it's not okay to start.
Anyway so after 1 month of HAART the HPV just exploded... side effect, immune system restoration, who the hell knows. but I guess now after 8 months of ARV, being UD, my body is able to coop with the HPV too.. so that's why the external ones are gone, and internal much smaller.
So soon I will go to see, but another Doc, a gay one,  because the first one was a bit judgmental due the fact that I was HIV poz and gay.

So that's why all the fuss, but I hope will solve all this shit soon

thanks for the support guys.
There's too much confusion.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 03:52:32 AM »
Hey nextdoor, yeah he used podophyllin for the exterior anal ones. That's why I said this info may not be useful to you. Btw, can I ask how do u know u had internal warts? Could u feel them or the doc discovered them upon examination?
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.