POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:31:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636897
  • Total Topics: 48344
  • Online Today: 304
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Lab results  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Mike89406

New Lab results
« on: July 26, 2011, 04:26:47 AM »
I have been of the forum for a while and mostly because I have been so busy finishing my degree and preparing for retirement from the military in 7 months.

That being said I got my new numbers back and was quite pleased ;D. My VL is Undetectable, CD4 809 and 38% Lymphocytes. going on nearly 5 years with Sustiva & Truvada then to Atripla. For a while I couldn't get above 480's, however I quit smoking about 2 years ago, doing P90X and eating healthy. I can't say much for my sleeping schedule but nevertheless all good news.

Regards, Mike

Offline Betelgeuse

Re: New Lab results
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 04:29:39 AM »
Very nice!  Congratulations.  The fact that you broke through 480 - is that a product of switching to Atripla? 
04/19/11 - Diagnosed positive
04/29/11 - CD4 188 @ 12.5% / VL 18k
05/03/11 - CD4 171 @ unk% / VL 7k
06/04/11 - Start Truvada/Isentress
07/11/11 - CD4 not tested / VL UD
09/07/11 - CD4 252 @ unk% / VL UD

Offline metekrop

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
From CD 480 to that of 809.  It is great achievment.

Congra...
Diag on Dec 8, 2000, CD 440 VL 44K, No Meds
Dec/08 - Feb/09 CD< 50 & VL >500k hosp'z.
St. Atripla - July/09 CD 179, VL 197k
Oct/09 CD 300 VL UD Chol 267
Mar/10 CD 468 UD, Ch 220
Aug/10 CD 460 UD, Ch 195
Dec/10 CD 492 UD, Ch 172
Mar/11 CD 636 UD, Ch 201
Aug/11 CD 530 UD, Ch 98
Jan/12 cd 616 UD, ch 189
Jul/12 CD 640 UD, Ch ?
Dec/12 CD 669 Ud, Ch 125
May/7 CD711 Ud, Ch?
Nov/ 22 663 UD, Ch,
April 17 CD 797, UD

Offline Mike89406

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:37:13 PM »
Very nice!  Congratulations.  The fact that you broke through 480 - is that a product of switching to Atripla? 

[/quote]
Atripla is a great combo if you can get used to it. I think though that certain lifestyle changes I made were key in my improved labs.

Since I've been busy I don't seem to worry about the numbers as much as I used to so less stressing on my part, and eating more balanced meals. I also drink more green tea and take a multivitamin every night with dinner.

From my labs in December of 480's to now that's different as I always had lower numbers and from 5 years ago when my numbers were in the 100's everything I read or was told is that it will take a long time to even reach normal levels.

Mike

Offline eric48

• @HIVPharmaCure & tinyurl.com/HIVPharmaCure
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 11:27:55 PM »
good news !

Enjoy the retirment too!

Eric
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD; CD4 > 1000; CD4/CD8 ~ 2.0   safety stock : 2 months

Offline BJS2011

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 11:32:59 PM »
I am on the same meds. First set we tried. Been on them 8 yrs. My VL undeteckable and CD4s are 1040. I was in shock when he said that. It was a huge jump. My doctor is such an asshole he didn't even seem happy my counts were so good. I see him tomorrow morning. If he gives me attitude I am telling him to go fuck himself . I am on methadone and lasst visit he called me a junkie. A recovering junkie thanks to methadonrfor surre.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 01:22:03 AM »
From CD 480 to that of 809.  It is great achievment.

Congra...
achievement? Really?

Quitting smoking is an achievement! Congrats on that.  Thats a big ol monkey to get off your back!

Offline Mike89406

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 03:15:44 AM »
I am on the same meds. First set we tried. Been on them 8 yrs. My VL undeteckable and CD4s are 1040. I was in shock when he said that. It was a huge jump. My doctor is such an asshole he didn't even seem happy my counts were so good. I see him tomorrow morning. If he gives me attitude I am telling him to go fuck himself . I am on methadone and lasst visit he called me a junkie. A recovering junkie thanks to methadonrfor surre.

Wow! Pretty good numbers. My doctors eyes got big when he saw my new counts. He didn;t even do the normal physical exam and asked if i had any concerns. Not all doctors are personable I had a few of them.

Yeah, I feel like a recovering addict to remind myself why I quit. But seriously after a number of try's to quit over the years I had to think of it just like an addiction which it is. I read somewhere that's it to feel like you want a smoke but just don't let yourself get wrapped up in it and give in. Easier said than done but I managed to stay away this long.

I can't even have a cigar because that's what made me start smoking again in 2007. Plus I'm at a crossroads in my life and if I didn't quit when I did I probably would smoke for the rest of my life.

Online mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 11:19:09 AM »
Congrats on the degree, the retirement AND your good health!  Hard work pays off!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.