HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Got tested today

<< < (2/5) > >>

Matty the Damned:

--- Quote from: BostonWorriedGuy on June 03, 2006, 07:26:07 PM ---I'll be really mad if I'm positive...not that it will help.  I know I should have been more attentive, but that b*stard shouldn't have done that in the first place. 

--- End quote ---

Well, you know Boston, you have had a risk but the chances of you having been infected are not huge. I mean I can't say there is no risk, but still it's more likely than not you'll test negative. What you describe is a breach of trust and was quite unacceptable behaviour on that fellow's part. I can understand your anger.

And for the record, I don't think you've been "morally loose" -- so don't beat yourself up too hard. Get tested within the timeframe laid down by the medical authorities in MA and you'll have your answer.

MtD

BostonWorriedGuy:
Well, that depends on your definition of morally loose.  I've just been sleeping around a lot recently (well, a lot for me.) 

I know the risk is not that high, and the guy probably doesn't have hiv anyway, but still I know it sounds cliche, but I felt violated after that.  I didn't consent to that--I told him that I only have sex with condoms--and he pulled it off anyway.  Guess there's nothing I can do about it now but get tested and wait.  Stress from school and closet life and living with a giant homophobe and having a very religious family that is going to cut me off when they find out I'm gay is making my health go down the drain, and it's not fun.  And that guy doing that just made it worse. 

Oh well, going to the doctor in 2 days, guess we'll see how everything goes then.

Matty the Damned:

--- Quote from: BostonWorriedGuy on June 03, 2006, 07:43:26 PM ---Well, that depends on your definition of morally loose.  I've just been sleeping around a lot recently (well, a lot for me.) 

I know the risk is not that high, and the guy probably doesn't have hiv anyway, but still I know it sounds cliche, but I felt violated after that.  I didn't consent to that--I told him that I only have sex with condoms--and he pulled it off anyway.  Guess there's nothing I can do about it now but get tested and wait.  Stress from school and closet life and living with a giant homophobe and having a very religious family that is going to cut me off when they find out I'm gay is making my health go down the drain, and it's not fun.  And that guy doing that just made it worse. 

Oh well, going to the doctor in 2 days, guess we'll see how everything goes then.

--- End quote ---

Yeah the wait can be freaky. The trick to handling that is to get out there and live your life. Go about your business, don't sit indoors and surf the internet about it. You'll be surprised how quickly the time goes.

Best of British,

MtD

BostonWorriedGuy:
I'm staying in because I have a mouth full of herpes sores--I'm not all that worried about hiv due to the nature of the possible exposure...so I'm not really scouring the web for hiv info.  I have my HIV doc ex-trick/friend for getting that.  He told me that if I don't have herpes sores anywhere in my genital area and pretty much just in my mouth that he wouldn't be surprised if it was hsv-1...which is kind of good, but considering the oral recurrance of it is much higher than that of hsv-2 it might be nice if it was hsv-2.  I'd prefer neither, but what can you do.  I'm kind of worried that the sores will heal before they can be biopsied and cultured since I'm taking famvir (I've gotten recurrent HZO--like shingles of the eyelids--since I was 3 as a complication of my chicken pox.)  Today though is the first day that my throat hasn't been killing me, which is kind of surprising considering I actually smoked a whole pack of cigarettes last night which is usually enough to make me cough up at least some blood the next day. 

Andy Velez:
As far as HIV is concerned, from what you have reported I would expect you to test negative. You were protected until your partner removed the condom. Apparently he did not ejaculate anally so the period without protection was very brief. Given that it was a single such incident the odds are definitely in your favor that you will test negative.

It's hard to tell from what you are otherwise reporting whether you have actually been diagnosed with herpes or not. And I have to say that for someone who's so concerned about his health I find myself "impressed," if that's the word, that you would smoke enough cigarettes daily to make you cough up blood.

There do seem to be some conflicting impulses in evidence -- concern about your health and risking it with heavy duty smoking. Oh well, each person writes his own script. But yah, I'm "impressed."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version