Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:46:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 227
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: IGNORE THIS THREAD  (Read 5681 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
IGNORE THIS THREAD
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:21:16 pm »
For what it's worth - and because I know you're all just DYING to know - I went to the doctor's today.  I got poked and prodded, pricked for blood draws and told to pee in a cup.  My results from my last labs showed a noteworthy drop in CD4 counts (down from about 560 to 396), but the percentage count actually went up to 29%.  Still undetectable and all that jazz.

Due to the blizzard back in January, it's actually been a full seven months since those labs were taken, but if anything is amiss now they'll call me.  I'm not due to go back until August.  I'm really stable with meds and all that stuff, so I'm sure it's better for both them and me to space the appointments apart a bit more.  Still, I was eager to get in and get a new report....even though I still HATE to get my blood drawn.  I sat there tapping my feet and getting all anxious the whole time I was waiting for the draw - and didn't feel a thing.  That damn band aid hurt FAR worse when I yanked it off.  

Picked up my pills and made tracks, glad to have all my medical and toothy stuff up to date.

Big storm is about to hit here, so I'll probably have to shut off the computer and IGNORE the forums for the rest of the night.

::)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: IGNORE THIS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:26:33 pm »

Big storm is about to hit here, so I'll probably have to shut off the computer and IGNORE the forums for the rest of the night.

::)

There's a tornado cell over Calhoun right now and heading your way.

ps: you call this a courthouse?

Also, cocks
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:30:03 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:36:57 pm »
There's a tornado cell over Calhoun right now and heading your way.

ps: you call this a courthouse?

Also, cocks

I can hear it starting to rev up outside right now, actually.

*sings*

the wind began to switch! the house began to pitch!

Let's see if I'm still singing in a few hours...

And yes, that is the OLD courthouse.  Hasn't been used in years for anything meaningful.  They used to use it for voting, but I don't even know if they do that anymore there.  It's mostly there as like a historical thing.  They're building a NEWER courthouse to replace the "new" courthouse which replaced that one in the photo.

Oh...and a newer, bigger jail to house the ever increasing jail bird population.  Meth lab busts, I'd imagine.  You'd think I'd be able to score easier up here.   :o
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:43:26 pm »
You'd think I'd be able to score easier up here.   :o

I take it your bare ass and metal cock ring pic on A4A has worn out its welcome?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:53:42 pm »
I take it your bare ass and metal cock ring pic on A4A has worn out its welcome?

There's just not the same market for that up here as there was in the big city.

Speaking of....whatever happened to that cock ring?

True story:  I was um...indulging at some playmates' place and was wearing that ring.  I left to go get cigarettes and stuff.  It was the dead of winter and very cold, mind you.  Well....I forgot about having that cockring on while I was outside pumping gas.  My nuts shriveled up, and I heard that ring go:

KA- CHI-YEE-YEE-YEE-YEE-YEE-YEE-ING-G-G-G-g-g-g-g-g--g--g-g-g-g-ggggggggggggggggggggg.

I shit you not.  That ring had plopped out my pants leg and rolled into the middle of the gas station between all the pumps and spun into a frenzy for what seemed like forever until it finally stopped.

I was mortified, but that still didn't prevent me from walking calmly to the middle of the aisle to retrieve it.

That ring was expensive.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:59:32 pm »
Oh....as long as I don't get whisked off by the storm, it's a good night to be part of the Klonnie Club.

I don't care for a tornado, but I still appreciate a little OZ.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 05:16:44 am »
The storm ripped through Memphis and tore the place up. Lots of big trees falling on houses and cars. One ol' coot died picking up a live wire. They interviewed folks on TV that sustained damage, proving once again, God hates the toothless.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:11:26 am »
Glad you got your ring back Tim and more importantly got in for your labs. 

We just had the worst of that storm here a couple of hours ago.  My neighbor's bluebird house is on our patio (smashed into about 4 pieces) and there are quite a few limbs down but nothing like some of the stuff they are showing on the morning news. 

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 09:27:50 am »
The storm ripped through Memphis and tore the place up. Lots of big trees falling on houses and cars. One ol' coot died picking up a live wire. They interviewed folks on TV that sustained damage, proving once again, God hates the toothless.

Attired in tube tops and daisy dukes for sure!
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:44:44 am »
It wasn't as bad here as I thought it would be.  It's beautiful now, but WAY cooler and super windy.  It's only supposed to be about 50 something for a high.  Drastically down from the 83 we had yesterday.

And yeah...thanks about the labs.  As much as I hate getting needled, I actually love to see my doc.  He's super fun and knowledgeable.  He really listens and gives me in depth answers,  he always gets back with me if I phone in any issues and is just, in general, pleasant about the whole thing.  It makes me realize just what I was NOT getting with my previous doctor.  I was reticent to bring stuff up with him because I always got challenged, and there was always this air of superiority about him.  Not this doc now.  I can be completely open with him.

It's great.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 10:48:18 am »
Tim, congrats on your labs, I'm sure you'll live to be 100, and YES, some doctor's are total ass-hole-dweebs  ???, glad you got a different one  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 10:58:03 am »
Tim, congrats on your labs, I'm sure you'll live to be 100, and YES, some doctor's are total ass-hole-dweebs  ???, glad you got a different one  ;)

He was a total twat.  I see that now more clearly than I did then.  I guess that I was so close still to diagnosis, and felt sort of at the mercy of public health that I felt I didn't have the authority to rock the boat much.  I tried to advocate some for myself, but he's dismiss just about anything I had to say.  I'm not nearly such a pushover about that stuff now, thanks to time and experience.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:08:28 am »
Tim , you are not @ the mercy of public health, and you always have the authority to rock the boat as well as advocate for yourself FUCK EM' if they can't joke, the joke is really on them, and not you, these doctor don't have to like it or you, but they are obligated to do the job, @ least some of them are, I still think a lot of them are pretentious DICKS, and I wanna sometimes punch them in the nose for being that way  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 01:14:08 pm »
Timmers-

At first I thought that this was another one of Larry's Patented Pity Posts, then I saw your name and realized it wasn't. I tried my best to ignore it, but the damned Ignore Button seems to be MIA. ;) So I had no choice but to read it, sorry to let you down....

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 01:21:49 pm »
Attired in tube tops and daisy dukes for sure!

How did you know that's what Tim wore yesterday for his appointment with the doctor?   ;)

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.