Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

Iran's HIV research?

<< < (4/4)

ScienceGuy25:

--- Quote from: J220 on September 13, 2006, 01:41:31 PM ---Notice how the tone of the articles have changed...first it was a "cure", then a "treatement" now it's just a Selenium-based natural supplement that can boost the immune system...while we all have hopes that it's something useful, I'm afraid that this is just bull-crap...

--- End quote ---

I dont want to be a "downer" either but in regards to any of these supposed "breakthroughs" be very skeptical until you find out what scientific journal has published the results of their pre-clinical or clinical studies.  Any breakthroughs will be published in top tier scientific journals so that they can go through the peer review process to validate the author's findings.

Generally the major news outlets try to be as accurate as possible with their reporting but they often get it wrong -so take them with a grain of salt too........ie) CNN, BBC etc etc

blondbeauty:
On the last press release there was also the word "Magic"...Is Santa Claus delivering the treatment to each of our homes?

"Iran announced a week ago that its scientists have made a magic success by synthesizing a new drug which can control the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome know as the killer AIDS."

alisenjafi:
While I don't want to be dismissive because of the fact it is Iran, I can't. They just killed a young girl because she was morally corrupt- i.e. an orphan.  AS well as two teen age boys for engaging in homosexual behavior
. Iran is trying hard to show Islam can work in the modern world as it is busy protesting every week on the streets because something in the West has offended them. Between this and the 5 prayers a day how can they get anything done?
Since the people who contract HIV  are going to end up stoned because Islam is against drugs, unlawful  str8sex and homosexuality, I wonder who were the test group.
Personally I think many of the claims from the Islamic world were stolen from the cultures that islam conquered.
The pagan Egyptians had beer, brewing and fermenting is very closly related to making bread which came way before mohammed ran off with a six year old.

bobino:

I'm not trying to defend the validity of any of this supposed research, but the fact that the press release uses terms like "magic" probably has more to do with poor translation from Farsi than anything else. 

Still, I'm very suspicious of any claims made by Iran on this score.  As I've said before, I'll believe it when their researchers submit their findings (if any) for peer review in the appropriate scholarly journals.  Until then, to me it's just another snake oil claim.

Brussels28:

--- Quote from: alisenjafi on September 17, 2006, 06:44:51 AM ---While I don't want to be dismissive because of the fact it is Iran, I can't. They just killed a young girl because she was morally corrupt- i.e. an orphan.  AS well as two teen age boys for engaging in homosexual behavior
. Iran is trying hard to show Islam can work in the modern world as it is busy protesting every week on the streets because something in the West has offended them. Between this and the 5 prayers a day how can they get anything done?
Since the people who contract HIV  are going to end up stoned because Islam is against drugs, unlawful  str8sex and homosexuality, I wonder who were the test group.
Personally I think many of the claims from the Islamic world were stolen from the cultures that islam conquered.
The pagan Egyptians had beer, brewing and fermenting is very closly related to making bread which came way before mohammed ran off with a six year old.

--- End quote ---

Well I don't think that this is right place to write racist issues
I think you better go and study more about Islam.... & For your information Drgus, sex out of marrigae and homosexuality are not only forbidden in islam, but also in all the other religions...
Now we are all in one line trying to fight HIV.. & it deosn't matter what color or rielgion we have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version