Main Forums > In Memoriam

Emery Taylor, 1980 - 2011

(1/3) > >>

Tim Horn:
Many in these Forums found his tenacity regarding the risks of antiretroviral therapy to be frustrating, at best. While there are undoubtedly lessons to be learned from Emery Taylor's (etay1207) death, he was an active member of these forums, where I believe he genuinely attempted to grapple with his conflicting views. There will undoubtedly be speculation regarding what caused Taylor's death on both sides of the denialism divide, though one clear-eyed "alternative hypothesis" site references a diagnosis of pulmonary Kaposi's sarcoma toward the end of his life.

Emery Taylor
    December 7, 1980 to February 22, 2011

His death is no less of a tragedy and loss to us all -- perhaps even more so, given the likely circumstances.

Note: This is not a thread for criticism or debate. To learn more about Emery's participation in these Forums and to draw your own conclusions, please feel free to search etay1207.

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Tim Horn on March 17, 2011, 11:31:38 AM ---His death is no less of a tragedy and loss to us all -- perhaps even more so, given the likely circumstances.

--- End quote ---
I'm very saddened to hear of this terrible news. I know that many of us longed for and tried to persuade Etay to take a different path than the one he chose. Etay was a member here (not unlike many of us really, being very opinionated LOL) and therefore "one of us" making his passing feel even more sad and tragic (and probably needless too). :'(

My deepest condolences to his partner :'(, his family. and his friends.

--- Quote from: Tim Horn on March 17, 2011, 11:31:38 AM ---one clear-eyed "alternative hypothesis" site references a diagnosis of pulmonary Kaposi's sarcoma toward the end of his life.
--- End quote ---
Etay's passing weighs every more heavily on my heart after reading that his partner has gone off medication too. I can only hope that he has read or heard of the things many of us wrote to his late partner and chooses another path than the one Etay has taken.

skeebo1969:

I was just wondering about Etay a few weeks ago.  This is extremely sad, he was a good guy.

komnaes:
You rest in peace Emory,

I just read back some of my last few exchanges with him.. they were not pleasant. It was at a time that we just heard that Daddy Tim has just passed. I didn't sign up here expecting to make so many friends like Daddy Tim who I would come to care deeply about, even though most of them I haven't met in person. And what I remember when I read some his posts then, there were times that I felt so angry .. not really at Emory as such, but more at the general denialist community that was egging him on. I couldn't help asking.. WHY? Why this attitude?

And then I felt anger at myself too... WHY would I let myself be feeling this anger at, or even hatred toward, anyone who was in his position?

God knows I really was dreading this day would come, especially with what I have said to Emory here.. and once in a while I would think about him, hoping that if this day must come it would come not with this inevitable end, but a hopeful one, that a minor OI or two would convince him (because nothing we said had made any difference).

Like Tim said, it's a tragedy, even more so.. and for some of us, me at least, it also comes with a sense of regret..

Hellraiser:
The total senseless and needlessness of this hurts my soul.  I'll admit there was no love lost between the two of us but I never wished this on him.  I was hoping he would see the error of his ways and unfortunately it wasn't meant to be.  I'm awash with emotions that I didn't think would happen when I heard this news.  I feel so terribly for his friends and family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version