POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 05:17:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 621227
  • Total Topics: 46794
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just keep your mouth shut  (Read 1217 times)

Offline surf18

Just keep your mouth shut
« on: March 19, 2011, 11:29:25 PM »
Wow
Bf of ten Years
Who has been great tru this
We have an open deal
Any ways we get home tonight after drinking and were playing around
I play bite him
And he freaks out in a way
I'm like wtf it's not like I got germs
And he's luke well kind ..... Well I jumped on that
And got ready to just leave the bed fuck that
So to save his ass he tries to change the subject to my former bullima days
Ha telling me to go throw up

So again the point of my story is you can't trust anyone
Keep your mouth shut and only talk to gpd

Offline hope_for_a_cure

Re: Just keep your mouth shut
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
His remark about telling you to go throw up was out of line. 

I would ask you though, is play biting something you have done in the past?  If so and all of a sudden he has a totally different reaction I would be somewhat alarmed.  Do you think his reaction was totally based on the fact that you are HIV+ instead of just freaking out over the 'play bite'?  I would sorta freak if my partner did that regardless of his HIV status. 

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:28:01 AM »
how much drinking had gone on is a factor you should consider.

I'm sure your bf has had some doubts and issues of his own about your sero-discordant relationship. Though he may be intellectually ok with it, just like you probably have your own fears of "being infectious" or "passing this on to him", it only goes to reason that he has had some worries in his own head. Just because y'all have talked them out doesn't magically make feelings always go away; we just learn to deal with them.

so in a moment when alcohol had lowered some inhibitions, and you bite your partner, he freaks out a little. Obviously you responded a little freaked out yourself and the argument was enjoined. After that, it sounds like a normal argument with neither of you backing down, both of you pushing back against each other, and both of you responding with more anger. (because when people are backed into a corner being attacked, they always respond by lashing out)

I hope things are better in the light of day. I hope too that you see that your partner, just like you probably do too, has fears/worries about HIV. Of course, already positive, you no longer have the fear of acquiring HIV like your partner still does - and will have until (god forbid) he becomes infected.

So again the point of my story is you can't trust anyone
Keep your mouth shut and only talk to gpd
that's just you in a bad mood last night lashing out.  :D Surely you're not suggesting that someone be in a 10-yr relationship, having sex, and NOT disclosing to your partner.  ::)

Besides it's not like telling your partner personal secrets, fears, and other intimate details about yourself is anything at all like regular disclosure to friends or even to family. Your partner will always know exactly what buttons to push in an argument because they are so intimate and entwined with your personality.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Oh my friends, my friends forgive me
That I live and you are gone.
There's a grief that can't be spoken.
There's a pain goes on and on.
Empty chairs at empty tables
Where my friends will meet no more.

"Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" from Les Miserables

Offline surf18

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 11:12:26 AM »
thanks guys. yes much better in the light of day. hes a great supportive guy and your right i need to think of things from his point. i guess in this dx i have been a bit selfish and its all about me in my warped mind. where as i havent taken the time to think of his feelings.this has to be so hard for him to.im gonna let this thread die and move on.thanks again guys.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.