Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

What can I do?

<< < (2/3) > >>

leatherman:

--- Quote from: PosIntheCValley on February 22, 2011, 01:36:02 AM ---Maybe you could ask your ID Doctor if there is an equivalent drug to what he is prescribing you.
--- End quote ---
there is a proposed bill in SC that would limit Medicaid to only purchasing generic drugs. However, the only antiretrovirals that are available in America in generic form are AZT and ddI. In the world of antiretrovirals there is no such thing as an equivalent medication. :(

ds4146:
Brad, I can assure you that the two I mentioned are not limited to income level. Or they were not and have not been an issue as of last month and you and I are in similar salary ranges.

denb45:

--- Quote from: edfu on February 23, 2011, 01:19:36 AM ---These programs are limited by income.  The OP appears to be over the limit.  

--- End quote ---

???

richie:

--- Quote from: edfu on February 23, 2011, 01:19:36 AM ---These programs are limited by income.  The OP appears to be over the limit.   

--- End quote ---
No, there's no income limit to these cards (trust me, I know based on my income).  You're probably thinking of the "assistance" programs, not the co-pay programs.  The first pays for all the drugs entirely, hence the income limits.  The Co-pay card only pays for the insurance co-pays, which can be significant.  For example, my 90-day co-pays would be about $900 - $1,200 dollars (even with insurance).  But the co-pay cards make it -0-. 

denb45:

--- Quote from: richie on February 23, 2011, 12:13:22 PM ---No, there's no income limit to these cards (trust me, I know based on my income).  You're probably thinking of the "assistance" programs, not the co-pay programs.  The first pays for all the drugs entirely, hence the income limits.  The Co-pay card only pays for the insurance co-pays, which can be significant.  For example, my 90-day co-pays would be about $900 - $1,200 dollars (even with insurance).  But the co-pay cards make it -0-.  

--- End quote ---

Case-in-point, my lipitor cost $115 dollars and is NOT covered by my states ADAP, or my Blue Cross- risk- pool Insurance, so with the discount-card-plan , I get a 90 day supply for a whole yr. the caught is, I have to pick this up @ my Doctors office every 90 days, and this cost me ZERO  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version