Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Has HIV Made You Reclusive?

<< < (19/19)

RemyG1971:
I have always been a private person and only hung around the same people for quite a while. I still do the things I do, I surf as much as work allows, I never go to Bars/Clubs (I donít drink so these never appealed to me in the first place). I would have to answer YES & NO.  :o

skeebo1969:

--- Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 25, 2012, 10:24:38 AM ---I don't know if it is HIV, age or what but I have an increasing desire to isolate. It seems the more time I spend on forums like this one the more alienated I feel. I enjoy my friends in real life but online comments seem to be wearing me down more than enriching my life. I'm very happy when I am not online. Facebook is particularly irritating. I have never liked Facebook because it is the online equivalent of small talk and chit chat, which I find useless. I read comments on various forums and it becomes increasingly obvious I don't think the way most people do. I feel like the only thing I have in common with the members of this forum is a virus. I already stop participating in another forum, not related to HIV, because people were so cynical and critical I couldn't take it, with topics like "Is it ethical to sacrifice your children in order to win wars?"  I want to delete my Facebook account and stop participating in my online forums but I know isolating generally isn't healthy. I used to not get so annoyed and I have been unable to identify what in my thought process has changed. I am vacillating between ending all online social networking or staying and developing new coping strategies.

--- End quote ---

Wow Ford, I can relate to this so much...  Whether it's facebook, family, friends, or work -- I just don't seem to have time for the negativity.  My facebook account is probably only active to remain current with what is going on with three people.

I think I have become a better husband and father, so perhaps that's more of a cause than anything.  The time spent online has dwindled and the trade off has been more quality time for self and others important to me.

As I'm getting older I notice the months just seem to fly off the table..... I am realizing just how short this life is and how precious time can be.

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: skeebo1969 on September 30, 2012, 10:37:22 AM ---
As I'm getting older I notice the months just seem to fly off the table..... I am realizing just how short this life is and how precious time can be.

--- End quote ---

I identify with this big time as well as what Ford shared .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version