POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 04:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23507
  • Latest: Zopper
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639525
  • Total Topics: 48545
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 137
Total: 141

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Horrible foot drying accident  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Horrible foot drying accident
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »
I'm bent over screaming and not in a good way . All it took was getting out of the shower and trying to dry my right foot with a towel , I felt a pop in back and then pain so bad I can hardly breath , all from drying my right foot . I have an appointment to score some muscle relaxers at 2:20 , the joys of growing older never cease to amaze me .   

I have one Oxycontin pill left and its behind my dresser caught up in a dust bunny . 

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Horrible foot drying accident
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »
if you're anything like me, you're gonna have to crawl on your belly for that Oxy.  i had that very same thing happen years ago while doing the same activity - trying to dry my right foot.  my back muscles tore, and i couldn't even step over the two inch partition to get out of the showers.  horrible pain, that.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »
the joys of growing older never cease to amaze me .  

Don't think it has anything to do with old age dear.  More likely the wear and tear due to some strange "positions" you have used in the past. :)

Hope it isn't very serious.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
Try both a good chiropractor and a deep tissue massage sport therapist.  Deep tissue is painful but everytime I've done it, it resolved and muscle pain.  Before you assume something is "torn", it just might be a major crispy frozen situation.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:16 PM »
Get the meds if needed, but go get adjusted. I've had back problems for years and it started in my teens.

Offline water duck

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
you were trying to dry your right foot , that means , you bent over ; then you felt a pop , that means properly your disc had moved and the vertebrae coming together had pinched a nerve !! the only thing you can do is just take that pill , lay down and relax !! and let the nerve inflammation passed !! all other manipulations WILL ONLY MAKE it worse !!

save yourself farther suffering and money !!

Offline water duck

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »
Rodney , your case is different , due to your fast growth during your teen years, there was not enough calcium to meet that growth 'need' as such your back is 'fragile' therefore = backaches.

in jg's case , there was a pop , that is what make all the difference , let' be aware of that !!

Offline rondrond

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »
Oh Jeff,

ouchieee...If you need me to come dry your feet...I will.

If you can't wait for me to get there from Texas...use you hair dryer... I do, it's wonderful and it warms the cold toes too.
"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Sept '09  6 blood clots in left arm
Coumadin 5mgs

Atenolol/50mg/2x
Hydrochlorth 25mg/1x
Gemfibrozil/300mgs/2X
Symbicort
Proventil Inhaler
Potassium
Rhinocort

*APR 08~Viramune/Truvada
March08  CD4 330 23% VL 452.000 
*Jan09 Med change~Epzicom/Viramune

Aug09   CD4 523 23%  VL<48
Diagnosed: COPD
Dec 2013: CD4 645 45% VL 49
Med Change: Viramune/Epivir/Ziagen/Isentress

Offline WillyWump

• your ramblings bore Yamaguchi Kitteh
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 09:31:27 PM »
Ouch JG, I'm sure back pain is one of the worst.

Also, you need to ship your dust bunny off to rehab if he's snatching your Oxy.

Hope you feel better.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 10:16:35 PM »
Rodney , your case is different , due to your fast growth during your teen years, there was not enough calcium to meet that growth 'need' as such your back is 'fragile' therefore = backaches.

in jg's case , there was a pop , that is what make all the difference , let' be aware of that !!
Really, I graduated from high school at 4'3" and I first hurt my back when I step out on a tire of a construction roller and flipped and hit the ground and the second injury I broke the spinous process off two of my vertebrae. So it had nothing to do with growth.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:44:54 PM »
Thanks for well wishes and concern for my drug stealing dust bunny . I'm taking the week off form the treadmill and gym , should be better after muscle relaxers and Kendal Jackson wine .

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
I was bending over in the closet (insert joke here) when I felt like something slipped in my back.  I was in awful pain.  I could not stand up and had to crawl down the stairs to the phone.  I had ruptured my L4, L5, and S1 discs.  I was 24 at the time.  I hope yours are just muscle related and nothing more than that. 

Feel better soon!   

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 01:32:21 AM »
Thanks for well wishes and concern for my drug stealing dust bunny . I'm taking the week off form the treadmill and gym , should be better after muscle relaxers and Kendal Jackson wine .
Is the wine script too.  ;)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 04:08:35 AM »
I had screwed up the lower muscles of my back at one point so badly that any tweak of the muscle could send me into spasms so bad I couldn't get off the floor and any movement whatsoever felt like I was tearing my spine apart.  I feel you on this trust me.  In my case it was stressing those muscles with unusual positions (due to a particularly uncomfortable chair that I sat in often).  Hopefully this will be but a brief memory shortly.  Back pain is second only to face/tooth/jaw pain in my book.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:15 AM »
Is the wine script too.  ;)

Sutter Home, white zin.  Cures everything!
Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
OK, it's been 4 days. You should have finished that Kendal Jackson by now, and maybe half the bottle of muscle relaxers.

How are you doing today?
"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg
Coumadin 5mgs

Atenolol/50mg/2x
Hydrochlorth 25mg/1x
Gemfibrozil/300mgs/2X
Symbicort
Proventil Inhaler
Potassium
Rhinocort

*APR 08~Viramune/Truvada

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 09:40:15 PM »
OK, it's been 4 days. You should have finished that Kendal Jackson by now, and maybe half the bottle of muscle relaxers.

How are you doing today?

Thanks for asking  ;D . The day started off rough but I'm much better now , I even took a walk this afternoon and went to the grocery store . I can lay down or stand now but sitting is still a bitch .

Offline rondrond

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »
Are you sitting in an armchair, sofa (thats so soft it pushes the cushions down to the floor) or a recliner?

I prefer the recliner and then I have my computer desk chair. It's too difficult for me to get off the sofa anymore.. ::)

*I have got to start walking*

I wasted a trip to the pharmacy today as the DR forgot to send in the RX Refill and I had to do it today, so it won't be ready until Monday.  It has been in the 70's all week so I decided to wear shorts instead of sweat pants (with their marvelous stretching abilities)

I had to lay on the floor to get them buttoned and the belt buckled.  :o

*I need a walking partner...I need inspiration*
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg
Coumadin 5mgs

Atenolol/50mg/2x
Hydrochlorth 25mg/1x
Gemfibrozil/300mgs/2X
Symbicort
Proventil Inhaler
Potassium
Rhinocort

*APR 08~Viramune/Truvada

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 10:09:02 PM »
Are you sitting in an armchair, sofa (thats so soft it pushes the cushions down to the floor) or a recliner?

I prefer the recliner and then I have my computer desk chair. It's too difficult for me to get off the sofa anymore.. ::)

*I have got to start walking*

I wasted a trip to the pharmacy today as the DR forgot to send in the RX Refill and I had to do it today, so it won't be ready until Monday.  It has been in the 70's all week so I decided to wear shorts instead of sweat pants (with their marvelous stretching abilities)

I had to lay on the floor to get them buttoned and the belt buckled.  :o

*I need a walking partner...I need inspiration*

I'm on the sofa at my friends house ... I have found walking to be the most beneficial exercises out there for me . Walking seems to under rated if you ask me . I am starting to get toned again in places I thought couldn't happen for a guy my age . I love exercise but with my problems with chronic pain and disk problems in my back I have to go super easy with walking and the weights , I can say it helps to stay a bit toned and keeps the blues away for me even if Im not getting those big muscles like I did when I was younger . 

Offline rondrond

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 10:18:23 PM »
I agree.  *gulp* hopefully tomorrow I can say that I did go for a walk and not the kitchen to the living room.

Does Zita go for these walks with you?

When I first hurt my back, I lived in an apartment on the second floor and had to have Darcell on a leash (leash laws)

She was full of energy  and I usually had to let go of the leash going down the stairs as she was ready freddy and I could only do one at a time... :D

Fortunately, she was a good girl and waited for me to get to the bottom, instead of running off...

she would be at the bottom looking up at me "hurry daddy" :D
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg
Coumadin 5mgs

Atenolol/50mg/2x
Hydrochlorth 25mg/1x
Gemfibrozil/300mgs/2X
Symbicort
Proventil Inhaler
Potassium
Rhinocort

*APR 08~Viramune/Truvada

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 11:31:09 PM »

Zita does go for walks but only after I'm sure she has taken a big bulldog dump in her own yard first and then you never can be sure at that . Its like carrying a frigging bag full of steaming elephant poo after she cops a squat . 

Offline rondrond

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »

Zita does go for walks but only after I'm sure she has taken a big bulldog dump in her own yard first and then you never can be sure at that . Its like carrying a frigging bag full of steaming elephant poo after she cops a squat . 

that is too funny.  :D

I would accuse Darcell of rationing, trying to drag the walk out for as long as possible as once she had done her business, I would head for the front door.  :D
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg
Coumadin 5mgs

Atenolol/50mg/2x
Hydrochlorth 25mg/1x
Gemfibrozil/300mgs/2X
Symbicort
Proventil Inhaler
Potassium
Rhinocort

*APR 08~Viramune/Truvada

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »

that is too funny.  :D

I would accuse Darcell of rationing, trying to drag the walk out for as long as possible as once she had done her business, I would head for the front door.  :D

Zita is 10 now and slowing down , I think she prefers her dog beds to long walks .

She has a pet door to go into the yard anytime she wants so she keeps her own potty schedule ... Its clear by the look on her face it pisses her off if you ask her if she needs to go potty , my buddy Tim ask her that sometime because he thinks its funny how bent she gets about it . 

Offline rondrond

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 04:03:25 PM »
If I ever meet her, I will do my best to respect her wishes. :D

After we moved into the house, I just threw the door open and let her her go. She was a like a bottle rocket as there was always a squirrel or cat that needed attention before her 'squat'
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg
Coumadin 5mgs

Atenolol/50mg/2x
Hydrochlorth 25mg/1x
Gemfibrozil/300mgs/2X
Symbicort
Proventil Inhaler
Potassium
Rhinocort

*APR 08~Viramune/Truvada

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.