Main Forums > Living With HIV

WHAT AM I DOING??

<< < (9/9)

anniebc:
Hi Jena

I can't really add any more to what the others have said, if you are not 100% sure how you feel about Joseph then don't rush into anything right now, just give it a little more time.
Until you empty your head and your heart of all thoughts of this other guy you will always be comparing others to him..that's not fair to you or to any future partners.
I'm glad you got to meet him, but the one thing that concerned me is why is he so desperate to get away from Brooklyn..have you asked him?
Probabaly none of my buisines, but he seems to be rushing into things rather quickly.
Thinking of you and wishing you everything you wish for yourself.

Hugs
Jan :-*

Andy Velez:
I'm right there with Jan about not rushing, Jena.

Keep things as clear and open with Joseph as possible. Let him know you like him, you enjoy being with him (if you do) and that he needs to know that if he moves down there it has to be for his own reasons. You are not in a committed relationship and you don't know that will ever happen.

As for his not being the other guy you were crazy about -- well that's neither here nor there.

If you're up for it, spend as much time with Joseph as you want to. It can be challenging to maintain your boundaries, but it's important to do that. And doing that will be helpful to you in sorting out your feelings. Let him know that too.

Beginning a new relationship can be exciting and wonderful. It can also be a pain in the butt, smothering, annoying, intrusive and otherwise less than delicious. It's all a part of the package.   

The good news and the bad news is that you get to write the script on this one, Jena. Oy.

Overall I would just say take your time. Take as much time as you need to find out if this is for you. There's no rush and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version