HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Frantic with worry

(1/2) > >>

Frantic with worry:
First of all let me say that you guys do a fantastic job being there for those of us who need a shoulder to lean on. Thanks so very much. I have read the "Lessons" page but am still sick with anxiety. I spent the night with a transsexual sex worker in Asia 3 weeks ago. We french kissed (heavily), I fingered her several times over the night (she was extremely wet) and she went down on me but only sucked for about 10-15 seconds. I know these are low risk activities but since then, I have had paryngitis and a dry tickly throat for almost 2 weeks, some aches and pains including the neck and legs, some discomfort in both ears (caused by the lymph glands I wonder?) and, last night, a drenching sweat. No fever or rashes though. I'm just so worried that it is consuming my day - I can hardly concentrate on my family, my work etc. I know I need to get tested but I really needed just to 'talk' with someone. Thanks for listening...

Matty the Damned:
I'm glad you read the lessons. I'm sorry that you did get the message from them.

What you describe is not "low risk" it's no risk. I suspect you're having a case of the guilts more than anything. Had you read the lessons properly you would know that symptoms mean nothing when it comes to HIV. You don't need to test for HIV, but if you are gonna freak out everytime you go with a sex worker maybe you should rethink your sexual practices.

It doesn't seem worth the stress.

MtD

LessonLearned:
If you read the Lessons on this forum, then you would know the activities you were involved in pose no threat for transmission.

I do agree with the fact that your "still sick with anxiety".

Frantic with worry:
Thanks MtD and Lesson. I do understand that the risk was minimal and I do agree that guilt probably plays a large part in the development of the "symptoms" but its hard to get the mind off the track that every ailment is the onset/continutation of ARS. I guess its just comforting to have other people tell you what you want to hear, despite the fact that one should know it already. The problem is that I just can't help thinking obsessively about the exposure and the risk. I know the only way I'll get over this is to find out definitively and so I'm going to wait until about 5 weeks and then get tested. If all is well, I'll do so again at 13 weeks. Thanks guys.

Matty the Damned:

--- Quote from: Frantic with worry on June 03, 2006, 09:28:50 PM ---Thanks MtD and Lesson. I do understand that the risk was minimal and I do agree that guilt probably plays a large part in the development of the "symptoms" but its hard to get the mind off the track that every ailment is the onset/continutation of ARS. I guess its just comforting to have other people tell you what you want to hear, despite the fact that one should know it already. The problem is that I just can't help thinking obsessively about the exposure and the risk. I know the only way I'll get over this is to find out definitively and so I'm going to wait until about 5 weeks and then get tested. If all is well, I'll do so again at 13 weeks. Thanks guys.

--- End quote ---

When did I say 'minimal'? Is that what I said? I don't think so, champion. I said NO RISK not minimal risk. Don't verbal me, buddy. It annoys me when people do that. You don't want an annoyed Matty the Damned on your case.

Some around here will say you should test to put your mind at ease. I differ. You don't need to test for HIV, it's a waste of resources and laboratory time. Rather if you have ongoing unfounded fears of HIV (and no doubt other things) try getting some counselling. You'll have a better outcome regarding these issues in the future if you do.

MtD
/edited for a small clarification/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version