POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 02:25:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642914
  • Total Topics: 48913
  • Online Today: 252
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: First Labs after starting ARV  (Read 599 times)

Offline Nextdoor_guy

First Labs after starting ARV
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »
Hey guys, today I've been to the Hospital to make the blood tests after 3 months of Kaletra and Combivir mix.
And I got a great news that I have no resistance to any medication now on market. So I am open to any combination.

The bad news is that my viral load before starting the treatment was over 10 mil copies.
Has anyone around had this night viral load? Cause what I see around is maximum up to 1 million.

Anyway tomorrow will get the CD4 number. When I started was 497. Hope will be better now.

G.
There's too much confusion.

Offline tednlou2

Re: First Labs after starting ARV
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »
I just read a question to a doc at thebody where the patient said his/her vl was 70 Million.  That surprised me as I hadn't seen someone say their's was that high before.  The doc didn't say that was unlikely, so I guess some have it that high?

Offline Nextdoor_guy

Re: First Labs after starting ARV
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:04:01 AM »
So got today the other results.
CD4 are 520 from 490... not as good as expected but the CD8 ad down so the CD% it's good.

I didn't do the Viral load cause I started from 10 millions so will do after 6 months to see if I am UD.
There's too much confusion.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.