Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Wellvista distributes free meds to those on ADAP waiting lists

<< < (2/2)

danitheches:
@ leatherman

sorry for the delayed response.

ALL HIV drug companies provide medication assistance based on income guidelines.  Some have vouchers (Atripla, Viread, Truvada, Emtriva) you can get over the phone when applying that you can take to any pharmacy with a prescription for a 30 day supply. They then send a card that you can use for a year to get your meds.  Some charge a $10 co pay per med on a voucher (Combivir, Epivir, AZT, Mepron, Trizivir, Abacavir, Lamivudine) and some send out meds after approval (Kaletra, Isentress, Norvir, Prezista, Reyataz).  BUT this is all a very fairly easy process. You just need to prove your income.  The income guidelines are also very lenient.  Delivery is also free via UPS or Fedex from the company.   We have had some issues with getting waitlist letters from DHEC.  Not on everyone, but some people.  We have also had a problem with Welvista not delivering meds as well.  I'm down in the Low Country!  Maybe I'll see you at the RW all parts meeting tomorrow?
dani

leatherman:

--- Quote from: danitheches on December 02, 2010, 12:29:58 PM ---sorry for the delayed response.

I'm down in the Low Country!  Maybe I'll see you at the RW all parts meeting tomorrow?

--- End quote ---
thanks for getting back!  ;D And thanks for that info. The good thing is that at least there are some alternatives so we're not seeing people (at least here in SC) going completely without meds . . . yet. I don't think we can ever rule out that terrible possibility. I mean, that sort of situation happened just a few years back in '06 and people literally died without meds.

I worry too that people will get meds but then lose access - what a health crisis that could be. Heck, at that Task Force meeting the nice DHEC rep told us about the upcoming troubles with Medicaid funding - and that's how I get my meds!

I think it's our staff person who's going to that RW meeting tomorrow, not me though. Next on my agenda is the next SC HIV/AIDS Task Force meeting on the 14th. Besides I'm still a little pooped after the WAD Event we put on last night @ Winthrop University. It was the award show for our video competition. It was fun, educational, with a SRO crowd, and I didn't have the chance to cry once - so I had a "good time" at a WAD event after all these years. ;)

thanks again for that info and input!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version