POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23596
  • Latest: crj18
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640660
  • Total Topics: 48665
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 145
Total: 150

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The Bionic T-Cell  (Read 1533 times)

Offline ElZorro

The Bionic T-Cell
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »
Well, I'm starting my Bionic Woman marathon for the weekend as it's now available on DVD (have to wait a few more months for The Six Million Dollar Man to come out - not sure why they released them backwards), and I was just thinking we need Dr. Rudy Wells and Oscar Goldmann to get involved in the battle against HIV. They could create the Bionic T-Cell, complete with the catchy 'unh unh unh deet dee deet' sounds!  :P

Offline tednlou2

Re: The Bionic T-Cell
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28:07 AM »
If they can give Max the dog bionics, then surely they could come up with a cure for HIV.  Poor Max was only in like 2 episodes.  He would be given his own spin-off today on Animal Planet. 

Seriously, I loved both those shows, but Wonder Woman is my favorite!  Maybe she could find something on Paradise Island to find a cure.  Maybe it is in the same mine as the feminum from which they made the bullet-deflecting bracelets.  The same mine that Wonder Girl blabbed about to the Nazis.  Oh, that caused a lot of trouble.  Wonder Woman had to make an unplanned trip back to the island, got gased, and then made to do hard labor carrying the feminum out of the mine.  She somehow tricked the Nazis and regained control of the island.  I never saw that coming. 

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 12:43:23 AM »
If they can give Max the dog bionics, then surely they could come up with a cure for HIV.  Poor Max was only in like 2 episodes.  He would be given his own spin-off today on Animal Planet. 

Seriously, I loved both those shows, but Wonder Woman is my favorite!  Maybe she could find something on Paradise Island to find a cure.  Maybe it is in the same mine as the feminum from which they made the bullet-deflecting bracelets.  The same mine that Wonder Girl blabbed about to the Nazis.  Oh, that caused a lot of trouble.  Wonder Woman had to make an unplanned trip back to the island, got gased, and then made to do hard labor carrying the feminum out of the mine.  She somehow tricked the Nazis and regained control of the island.  I never saw that coming. 

Ditto! I love WW. I've got all three seasons on DVD (and Buck Rogers, I think)...it's so much fun to go back and watch them...rather cheesy but fun. Do you remember who played Wonder Woman's little sister?  She was sooooo young when she debuted.

I just ordered Isis this week, too!  Can't wait...lol  :-\

Offline numbersguy82

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
O-M-G!!!! Oh dear we have got to hang out sometime EZ and watch some of the classics!

Ted I def loved Wonder Woman also! Ofcourse what homo didn't!

I'm glad that there are some fellow geeks on this board who appreciate really bad tv like I do ;)
8/10- 73 cd4, 7%, and 300k VL *First Labs*
9/10- Started Norvir, Prezista, and Truvada
10/10- 511 cd4, 22%, and 886 VL
12/10- 498 cd4, 22%, and 106 VL
3/11- 529 cd4, 29%, and 101 VL
8/11- 620 cd4, 30%, and 74 VL- Switched to Atripla
10/11- 580 ce4, 30%, and 62 VL
12/11- 684 cd4, 31%, and FINALLY *UD*

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 01:08:51 PM »
O-M-G!!!! Oh dear we have got to hang out sometime EZ and watch some of the classics!

Ted I def loved Wonder Woman also! Ofcourse what homo didn't!

I'm glad that there are some fellow geeks on this board who appreciate really bad tv like I do ;)

Absolutely! We can make some popcorn cook some of the chili from the recipie thread and have a little retro marathon  ;)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 02:34:59 PM »
I have all The Bionic Woman episodes on DVD. I ordered them from Japan 2 years ago.

Don't judge me.

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »
I have all The Bionic Woman episodes on DVD. I ordered them from Japan 2 years ago.

Don't judge me.

Are they good quality? Link please??  ;)

Just received "The Secrets of Isis" in the mail. Thanksgiving is going to be an awesome weekend!  ::)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 03:53:23 AM »
Ditto! I love WW. I've got all three seasons on DVD (and Buck Rogers, I think)...it's so much fun to go back and watch them...rather cheesy but fun. Do you remember who played Wonder Woman's little sister?  She was sooooo young when she debuted.

I just ordered Isis this week, too!  Can't wait...lol  :-\

Debra Winger played Wonder Girl. 

Debra Winger on The Late Show with David Letterman in 1993.  Dave plays clips from Wonder Woman and Debra talks about working with Lynda Carter.  At the end, she revives her role as Wonder Girl for Dave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXgzLv5eDDo

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 09:48:19 AM »
Debra Winger played Wonder Girl. 

Debra Winger on The Late Show with David Letterman in 1993.  Dave plays clips from Wonder Woman and Debra talks about working with Lynda Carter.  At the end, she revives her role as Wonder Girl for Dave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXgzLv5eDDo

Just checking to see if you remembered!  :D She looks like such a baby in her little WG outfit and her pigtails  ;) I think it's fun watching retro TV and watching the actors you know "grow up" over time. I saw an episode of The Hardy Boys recently that guest starred Melonie Griffith. She must have been 18  :)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 10:08:52 AM »
Are they good quality? Link please??  ;)

Just received "The Secrets of Isis" in the mail. Thanksgiving is going to be an awesome weekend!  ::)

I couldn't find the link where I got mine. It may have been pulled since there is a official release. The quality is just okay and I know the new, official release will be better.

Here is the new DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6btzxyUBI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lindsay Wagner is still beautiful 30+ years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OS7awSjSg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 10:16:53 AM »
I couldn't find the link where I got mine. It may have been pulled since there is a official release. The quality is just okay and I know the new, official release will be better.

Here is the new DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6btzxyUBI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lindsay Wagner is still beautiful 30+ years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9OS7awSjSg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks, GSO. Guess I'll have to wait while they "slow roll" the releases. I'll never understand that marketing strategy  :-\ I wish they would just release these types of series as "boxed sets" and be done with it.

The Lindsay video clip is a part of the "extras" on the DVDs I received recently. There's also some interesting interviews with the writers about the evolution of the show. Apparently, there was quite an uproar from parents on behalf of their children when the bionic woman was "killed off" during The Six Million Dollar Man. The network threw a lot of money at Lindsay to get her to make a return but she wasn't really interested in doing the show; she was more interested in doing something that helped kids etc. Her manager finally "sold her" on the idea by advising her to require that she have creative input to the character and pointing out that she would be helping kids via her personna.  The rest, as they say, is history  ;)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 10:22:30 AM »
Thanks, GSO. Guess I'll have to wait while they "slow roll" the releases. I'll never understand that marketing strategy  :-\ I wish they would just release these types of series as "boxed sets" and be done with it.

Apparently, there was quite an uproar from parents on behalf of their children when the bionic woman was "killed off" during The Six Million Dollar Man.

As that tear rolled down Steve Austin's face from his non-bionic eye, I blubbered.

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 10:23:14 AM »
As that tear rolled down Steve Austin's face from his non-bionic eye, I blubbered.

guilty  8)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.