Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Florida Ryan White (Medical/Dental) Eligibility Expire Dates Changed!!

(1/4) > >>

gregftl:
Here we go again Florida!

So I went in back on Sept 28th to renew my Ryan White for medical and dental services. Down here Ryan White is good for 1yr. I have the paper (eligibitlity notice) that says i'm good until Sept 28, 2011. One year of course. So i go in Friday for labs and the receptionist at the clinic calls me back to the window after i give her my appointment slip and tells me she needs to schedule and appointment for me to do Ryan White Eligibility!!!! She said it expires on Nov 30th.  I always take that notice of eligilbity paper with me when i go in just to prove i'm enrolled and to show my expiration date.....i showed her............then she had to make a couple of calls and she tells me that they have centralized everything here in Broward County (not sure about the rest of the state) and I have to redo it because they need to scan my documents into the computer.

Ok, I was just really thrown for a loop. So she made an appt for me to redo the eligibility then I went down and talked to the new woman doing Ryan White. I was confused about a couple of things. She told me they needed to redo it and to bring in all my papers again so they could also scan them into the computer. I asked......."Well cant you get those documents from the computer already because when I did ADAP renewal they scanned everything into the system and when i went in on Sept 28 and did my Ryan White the guy (a different person was doing ryan white).........he pulled up all my documents from the adap files and printed them out and put them in my eligibility file?". She said no she didnt have access to ADAP files. I was like "hmmmmm". Then I told the new woman well cant you just go up to my files and pull my eligibility file and get the documents and rescan them?". She just said "NO". She said I have to bring in all the papers again........redo the whole thing.

I mean this state is in horrible financial condition in terms of adap and ryan white. 2060 people are on the waiting list for adap. They say they are trying to find ways of saving money with both programs but i hardly think making every single person come in and have to redo ryan white eligibility (thus doing it twice and in my case in a matter of 2 months) is hardly a money saver. What a huge waste of time and resources.

My partner is going thru the same thing he just did his on oct 8th. So I called down to the broward county health dept ryan white division and spoke to a few people they said that EVERYONE (thousands of people) is having to redo their ryan white eligibility. They said they were caught off guard by the state. They said i was lucky that i found out in time what my new expiration date is b/c people are going in for appointments and being turned away b/c their expiration dates were moved up and they were no longer enrolled in ryan white.

I'm not one of those huge conspiracy theory types ..............but this whole thing really smells funny. Not sure what they would accomplish by making people redo ryan white eligibility. Perhaps they are trying to weed people out some how. I have no clue how but just seems odd. I mean just wait til the next time a person is due for eligibility THEN u can scan the papers into the computer. There's absolutely no reason (esp in this financial state) that i can see why they have to make people come in and redo their eligibility when they have just done it........and like i said in my case just 2 months ago!

gregftl:
Oh, I forgot to add, one of my points to start this thread was to let Floridians on here that are enrolled in Ryan White be sure to call you clinic and have them check your expiration date to see what the new one is that way you dont miss out on any services.

Lucky2behere:
Sucks dude. There are alot of posts on this topic. Hang in there! I may soon be in your shoes as well. :(

leatherman:

--- Quote from: gregftl on November 20, 2010, 07:31:31 PM ---Oh, I forgot to add, one of my points to start this thread was to let Floridians on here that are enrolled in Ryan White be sure to call you clinic and have them check your expiration date to see what the new one is that way you dont miss out on any services.

--- End quote ---
and with a staggering 2,246 individuals already on the waiting list in FL, those currently using ADAP should make sure not want to lose such a priveleged benefit.

However, for those NOT on ADAP and on the waiting list, there is free medication available!
For more information check http://wellvista.org

ElZorro:

--- Quote from: leatherman on November 20, 2010, 10:01:17 PM ---and with a staggering 2,246 individuals already on the waiting list in FL, those currently using ADAP should make sure not want to lose such a priveleged benefit.

However, for those NOT on ADAP and on the waiting list, there is free medication available!
For more information check http://wellvista.org

--- End quote ---

Great news, Leatherman. Does this have its own thread somewhere so those not interested in reading about Florida are aware that the program exists?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version