HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Anal Sex

<< < (3/6) > >>

Ann:
Lilac,

I totally agree with Rodney - cut the drama. There's no way you have hiv from the activities you describe.

You know why they call it "worried sick"? Because when you obsessively worry about something, you can actually make yourself physically ill. So knock off the drama already.

If you continue to feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv as you never had a risk.

Ann

lilac561:
I apologize for dramatizing however the onset of these symptoms is extremely sudden and unnatural and thus incredibly worrisome :( I went to the doctor and unfortunately she did not have my CBC and urine results yet. When I told her about my throat condition she took a look at it and said "There's nothing wrong." I don't understand her indifferent and unconcerned attitude even after I told her I was having difficulty swallowing and pain. I'm surprised she didn't order any tests. It's not normal to have such a throat problem for more than 2 weeks. She did take an oral swab and that's all. I told her my fears about HIV and Seb Derm being indicative of it but she seemed to think NO WAY. But I have read on the forum that some people have contracted it through oral sex, through precum even.

Andy Velez:
Worrying is understandable but it doesn't change the details of your situation as you have reported being one that did not put you at risk. No risk, no risk, no risk.

If your physical symptoms persist then consult with another doctor if you have to. Whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with HIV.

lilac561:
Thank you Andy. I'm scared because well, it's a virus and there's just no telling, what if precum spilled in the rectal region??  Would somebody mind explaining anal sex? I just want to be 100% sure that its not what I did.

1) If the penis repeatedly entered the Intergluteal cleft (aka butt crack) in a humping motion does that make it anal sex?

2) From what I have read, anal sex would be very painful and require lube. Is that correct?

THIS has me especially concerned:
"Anal mucus is a naturally occurring fluid that lines the arse. Its main function in the body is to lubricate your shit as it passes. Research indicates that anal mucus is the body fluid with the highest concentration of HIV."
via http://www.gmfa.org.uk/sex/hivandaids/how-hiv-is-transmitted

jkinatl2:
Once the head of the penis enters the anus, the tension (and it is often considerable) pulls back not only the foreskin, but also tends to fully expose/dilate the opening to the urethra.

When a person with HIV has unprotected anal sex performed on him/her, ans semen exits the urethra and enters the rectum. This potentially infectious fluid can find the relatively few different types of cells to which it can attach. The rectum has very porous material, and like the interior of the vagina, is not meant to protect from an immunological standpoint. The pH of this area is almost unique, in that it is very similar to the vagina. The combination of it's porous nature, the specific pH, and the likelihood of tearing of tissue during sex (especially prolonged penetration) can facilitate HIV infection.

You have NOT had anal sex without knowing ir. Not to be crass, but try putting a finger up there. Try a small carrot. Most penises are as big around as the small carrot. You really think you would not notice that? Especially without lubrication and a great degree of patience?

You would have likely screamed. Which is why anal rape is especially awful.  Successful, pleasurable anal sex requires a certain (often a great) amount of patience, lubrication, and foreplay in the specific area.

In short, you did not have anal sex. Anal sex occurs when the penis enters the very tight anal sphincter. This is something that would not escape your attention.

--- Quote ---Anal mucus is a naturally occurring fluid that lines the arse. Its main function in the body is to lubricate your shit as it passes. Research indicates that anal mucus is the body fluid with the highest concentration of HIV."
via http://www.gmfa.org.uk/sex/hivandaids/how-hiv-is-transmitted
--- End quote ---

You realize that this refers to the anal bottom (i.e. YOU) having infectious fluids, do you not? If YOU are HIV positive, you can pass the virus to your negative partner if he enters your anal ring without a condom. YOUR anus is immaterial in this case, unless you are withholding your own HIV status.

You have done absolutely nothing to put yourself at risk for HIV. I fear that I am unable to offer more evidence of this, and therefore excuse myself from this conversation. I truly wish you peace of mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version