HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

I don't know if i am or not..i found out last night he was pos..

(1/1)

Call me Lovely:
For a while now my ex boyfriend and I have been fighting for a while. He wants me back but I don't want him, he was always threatening me and stuff.. but before we broke up, i was hanging out with this guy named Rich..and things started to get out of hand. him and i didn't have sex. he wasn't hard and had no open wounds that i can remember...but he fingered me and went down on me. so I'm unsure if i caught anything.

Damien (my ex) found out and threatened to kill rich. Rich is 21 years old, Damien is 19 and i, i am 14. and i might have HIV/AIDS.

last night when i found out about rich i stayed up all night praying. praying that don't have it, andnow i need help, moral support. i need someone to tell me everything is going to be fine and God wont let something like this happen to me and that a fairytale ending will happen. if i have HIV/AIDS i think i will kill myself...someone..reply to me please.

~Jessi

Andy Velez:
Jessi, from what you have reported with regard to the second guy you didn't do anything which would have put you at risk. So even if he is HIV+, which you don't know for sure, none of the things you did together would have put you at risk. (Read the lesson about transmission on this site which gives you all the information you need to know about risks. There's a link to it in the first thread in this section).

As far as your previous boyfriend, if you had unprotected intercourse with him then you do need to get tested.

Anytime you have unprotected intercourse you are putting your life at risk. It's as simple as that. You are also underage and there are legalities about that which I am not going to get into here.

I am not suggesting that you should have intercourse, only that if you are having it make sure that whomever it is with is always wearing a condom. It doesn't matter what you think about how great he is or how nice or what you think you know about him. The guy always has to wear a condom. Period.

To be certain about your own HIV status you need to get tested at 13 weeks past the last time you may have had intercourse without using a condom.

Let me know if there is something I am missing here.

Good luck with your test.

Call me Lovely:
thank you for replying to me anyways. you're not missing anything and i am gratefult hat someoen has replied so quickly. i appreciate your advice andi do not plan on having intercourse again until i am married. even then i will have my partner checked out...i am so freaking scared..i realize what a fragile thing life and health is and i am not going to mess it up again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version