POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 08:43:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620642
  • Total Topics: 46759
  • Online Today: 205
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: o noes!  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
o noes!
« on: September 30, 2010, 12:56:30 PM »
PLEASE NOTE:

Tornado Watch for Philadelphia County, PA
until 7 pm EDT, Thu., Sep. 30, 2010
Local Radar MapWhat's This?
Updated 30 Sept 2010 12:45 pm Local Time
Enlarge Map | Weather in Motionģ

Get WeatherReady

Watches & Warnings Explained
If a Tornado Warning is Issued
Video: WeatherReady Safety & Preparation
What to Do After a Tornado Strikes
Video: Storm Watch
Issued by The National Weather Service
Philadelphia, PA
12:41 pm EDT, Thu., Sep. 30, 2010

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 689 IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS

IN PENNSYLVANIA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 10 COUNTIES

IN EAST CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA

BERKS LEHIGH NORTHAMPTON

IN NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA

CARBON MONROE

IN SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA

BUCKS CHESTER DELAWARE MONTGOMERY PHILADELPHIA

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... ALLENTOWN... BETHLEHEM... DOYLESTOWN... EASTON... JIM THORPE... MEDIA... NORRISTOWN... PHILADELPHIA... READING... STROUDSBURG AND WEST CHESTER.

More Weather Alerts for Philadelphia, PA

We also have the following:

Tornado Watch
Coastal Flood Advisory
Wind Advisory
Flood Watch
Hazardous Weather Outlook
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: o noes!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 01:23:03 PM »
Dorothy, it's time to get into the storm cellar! Don't forget to take Toto with you.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:44:40 PM »
Dorothy actually had to venture out in this weather so she could get her second round of Sculptra injections... but I'm home now and my face is nice and plump, or at least a little bit more.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
Good to see you got your priorities right...now get in the cellar.. ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline next2u

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 01:56:28 AM »
how do you like?
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 12:39:23 PM »
Re: Philadelphia I just read two seemingly conflicting articles about it.

One said how the poverty level is very high (among the highest) and the other said how it's becoming a big "foodie" destination with lots of great restaurants.

I know that one of those things does not preclude the other but it's kinda schizo, no?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 02:35:21 PM »
I know that one of those things does not preclude the other but it's kinda schizo, no?

It seems to me that the States and many other Developed nations are experiencing a widening gulf between the haves and have-nots. And there are an awful lot more have-nots than haves, but the haves have the clout to get the good press - ie articles bragging about posh restaurants while just down the road, children are not getting enough nutrition. It's sad.

And yes, it's pretty schizo.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 05:05:52 PM »
Now, I know threads often take on a life of their own, but I have to ask.....  How did we get from a Tornado watch to a discussion of "haves" and "have nots"?   ???

Mike
Atripla - Started 12/05
Reyataz/Norvir - Added 6/06
Labs - Pre-Meds
Sep05 T=350/25% VL98,559
Nov05 288/18%  47,564
Current Labs
May2013 691/31% <20

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »
Re: Philadelphia I just read two seemingly conflicting articles about it.

One said how the poverty level is very high (among the highest) and the other said how it's becoming a big "foodie" destination with lots of great restaurants.

Not odd really -- NYC was like that when I first moved there over 20 years ago.  Philadelphia, while a very large city, didn't undergo the intense gentrification during that same time period with the exception of Center City (basically what they downtown here) which has always maintained a more or less affluent base, though it's definitely been on the upswing in the past decade and is now expanding out further to, say Northern Liberties and Passyunk, the later being my neighborhood.  But there are really large swathes of the city that are completely no-go zones, much like how Alphabet City once was in the East Village, and of course almost all of The Bronx.

I grew up outside of DC and the same thing happened there over the past 20 years.  Back then even Adams Morgan was a complete dump.

But yes, there's a very vibrant restaurant scene here -- the biggest chefs being Marc Vetri (who even Mario Batali claims is the best Italian chef in the US) and Jose Garces, who won the James Beard award last year for the Mid-Atlantic region.  However, Stephen Starr owns the most restaurants but he's not really a chef, he's more of an "foody entertainer/conceptualist" and thus over-rated by actual foodies, though I recently went to his newest place El Rey and enjoyed it.  He even opened up a branch of Morimoto in Chelsea.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »
What you should be watching for is the lightning.  Cause we all know the dude in the sky has a vendetta out for you.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.