Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:09:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 382
Total: 383

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Suicidal  (Read 12956 times)

Offline bama_gal

Suicidal
« on: June 02, 2006, 02:32:22 pm »
d
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 06:08:49 pm by bama_gal »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Suicidal
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:06:06 pm »
If you're genuinely having suicidal thoughts you need to pick yourself up right now and walk to the nearest hospital emergency room and tell them that.

On the other hand, if you're willing to use some of your energy and brains for something other than expressing all sorts of self-loathing and self-attacks, getting tested for HIV is a pretty simple process these days. And depending on where you are writing from you maybe able to get the rapid test which gives you a reliable result very quickly.

It's pretty insulting of you to all of those who are living with HIV for you to be putting out all this dramatic stuff about suicide, since they are doing their damnest to stay alive and productive.

So are you willing to give up this drama stuff and get on with your life or what? If you have enough strength to be writing what you've written thus far then as far as I am concerned you can get yourself tested. This is a tough life in case you haven't noticed it before today. So how about quitting the frabber jabber and getting on with yours now?

At it's best our time here is all too short anyway, so from my point of view there's no need to rush the end.

Maybe you can explain to me why your pile of cocky doody is more special than anyone else's, but I can tell you now it will really take some convincing.

On top of which I'm expecting you to test negative and then you have a real problem: being condemned to live.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline AlexQ

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 04:38:23 pm »
View the "living with" forums and get some perspective (don't post there though).  You are most likely negative.  Care for yourself a little bit and protect yourself.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:57:43 pm »
Bama Girl,

There are deeper issues with you than all this. HIV is simply your baseball bat of choice to hit yourself with.  Your risky behaviors stem from somewhere else inside you.

You're ok at the time of whatever sexual incident happens, and then afterwards BOOM you hit yourself with HIV to try to scare yourself in the hopes you'll never fuck up again.  Guess what:  take it from me, it doesn't work so good.  You'll have some peace after this negative test, like you just had recently and then whammo, here you go again.

Yes, you'll have to endure the HIV test and the broken relationship.  That's plenty of pain.  During the wait, may I humbly suggest you delve into the unpleasant and find out what about you causes this?  It ain't HIV.  The promise I initially made to myself was that WHEN I screwed up next, I'd screw up with condoms.  That's pretty easy to wrap ones head around.  Sex is fine, just don't confuse it with unprotected risky self damaging behavior.  It takes very little to insist on a condom....and I'm not saying that to be mean, but to help you see that its a choice you made to hurt yourself with your weapon of choice.  The alcohol makes matters all too easy.  Bad idea.

And to answer the inevitable question...yes...I was there once (excluding the suicide issues).  I got considerable help, and I don't use sex and/or HIV to scare myself anymore.  I was lucky and stayed negative, I hope you will too, but HIV/Russian Roulette is EXACTLY what Andy suggested I stop playing around with a YEAR ago TODAY.

I realize this is an HIV site, not a counseling service...and my two cents ends here.  Your post was just a little uncomfortable for me to see.

Sae
(who is securely monogamous, tested and Consumed).
Meh.

Offline bama_gal

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 06:14:40 pm »
Nevermind...I'll leave

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 09:55:04 am »
Well, you can do that. I'm wondering what reaction you wanted here which you didn't get?
Andy Velez

Offline Superman

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 11:06:25 pm »
BamaGal - How can we help you?  Talk to us.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 11:15:58 pm »
deleting your posts here is not conducive to this environment.   This  is a place for many people to learn.   Many more than just you who read, but do not post.   You waste the time of the fine people here by doing so.   If you are all about wasting people's time, please find a new forum to do so on... or perhaps call a suicide line.  Either way, don't waste our time and effort if you are going to delete your posts.

I hope you get the serious psychological help you need somewhere, but this website isn't designed for counseling.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 09:10:16 am »
~sigh~

Bama girl,

As you deleted your initial post in this thread, I guess I might as well lock it.

Please feel free to come back and start a new thread if you wish to ask further questions about hiv transmission or testing.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.