HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Hiv risk through rubbing/frottage

<< < (10/11) > >>

Ann:

--- Quote from: AnxietyKing656 on July 29, 2011, 02:34:58 AM ---This should be my last post.

--- End quote ---

AK,

Let's hope so. We've told you all you need to know in order to remain hiv negative - there's nothing more to add.

Ann

AnxietyKing656:
Okay last two questions, just about prevention. I brought Durex Performax condoms and it has a climax control lubricant in the condom which is semi-solid and white. Is this safe for the condom? As it looks like lotion although it kind of melts away eventually? And if someone ejaculates in your belly button or on an inflamed hair follicle, that is still no risk correct?

Ann:
AK,

The condoms are A-OK. You need to know that you should also be using another lube, particularly for anal intercourse. Did you read through the condom and lube links in my signature line like I asked you to? If not, get reading.

Getting ejaculated on, on any part of your body, is not a risk for hiv infection. It's only a risk if the ejaculate is INSIDE your anus or vagina.

Ann

AnxietyKing656:

--- Quote from: Ann on September 30, 2011, 07:02:15 AM ---AK,

The condoms are A-OK. You need to know that you should also be using another lube, particularly for anal intercourse. Did you read through the condom and lube links in my signature line like I asked you to? If not, get reading.

Getting ejaculated on, on any part of your body, is not a risk for hiv infection. It's only a risk if the ejaculate is INSIDE your anus or vagina.

Ann

--- End quote ---

Yes, and I use additional lube on the condom as well, I use ForPlay gel. I just wanted to know if the delay lube in the durex performax was okay, and thank you for answering.

AnxietyKing656:
Hello again. I have another situation. Today on campus the health department came to the school and did free oraquick swab test. I have just got out of a relationship, and we ALWAYS used protection except one time when the condom broke when I was the bottom. He did not ejaculate yet (BUT PRECUM WAS PROBABLY PRESENT) and this was in mid-early July. We used plently of silicone based lube, but the condom was a thinner brand of condom, which is why it broke I guess. I have since dedicated myself to using Extra Strength condoms. Before that in late April or early May, I got a blow job from a guy I'm pretty sure was poz (he had a red ribbon tattoo on his arm. Also, the event that led to, but did not cause my breakup with my last partner was that I fooled around with a few guys in a locker room. We all jacked each other off (me and about 4 other guys). I had some nicks on my hands but I think they were healed? I went outside the relationship, but the whole time together I KNOW he didn't.  Anyway here is what happened:

1. My oral swab test came back "weakly positive" with a faint line. Apparently, it showed up quite fast. She said that this meant that I am preliminary positive. She asked me if I had any auto-immune conditions or have been sick recently, and also asked what symptoms I have had suggestive of ARS. I have been having a rather odd occurrence of mouth ulcers all the sudden, with one big one on my upper gums that came and went, and two more inside my mouth. I also got this odd rash on my upper arm, but I can't tell if it was a rash or a scrape. It didn't start to itch until I noticed it. It was on my upper arm and seemed to scar over. Also, I have had various sore throats throats the last three months. I'm just telling you what I told her. I know you guys always say that symptoms don't mean anything but I think this may be relevant this time. She took two vials afterwards, one for syphillis and one for what I assume to be the Western Blot.  I was shocked at how calm I was when I got the result...it's weird I haven't shed a tear yet.

2. Being the anxious person I am though, I went to a nearby clinic where I usually get my HIV test and explained my situation. This test was the Clearview HIV Stat Pack. It is also a rapid one. The woman was SO kind there and actually went to get the book and went over the test stats with me (specificity, sensitivity, etc). But between the time she pricked my finger and put the blood into the little whole it goes in, she went over some things and THEN put the drops in the test. This test, however, the rapid blood test, came back NEGATIVE. 

3. My ex and I got tested rather closely together back in June (like 2 days apart) and we both were negative. I think it was 3 months since his last unprotected encounter before this hiv test in june but I don't know how relevant it is to the situation. He said he was going to get tested soon.

So here are my questions:

1.The condom busting incident was about 12 weeks and 1 day ago. Some places say 13 weeks is conclusive while others say 13 weeks. Would this 6 day discrepancy make a difference?

2. If you get a positive on one test and a negative on one test, does that mean that you are more than likely positive?

3. Are the HIV blood test more accurate than the oral swabs?

4. Between the time she put the drop of blood in the test and the time she put the 3 drops in (about 60 to 90 seconds at most), would this have caused the test to be inaccurate, and yield a false negative? Also, the orasure takes 20 minutes, and the clearview takes 15 minutes. Is one more accurate because of this? She said that if you don't read the results on the Clearview within 20 minutes then a line will show up (something about the test sitting for a while) so it's important to read the results fast.

5. Should I assume that I am positive until my WB comes back, or should I not worry about this? The ex and the woman at the other testing site said I shouldn't worry about it but I can't help it because I think the WB will come back positive.

6. If I got a rapid test positive result, if I took another one later the same day considering it was done right, would it had been positive too if I was truly positive?

7. Can things like herpes ( I suspect the red lesion on my cheek may have been an internal cold sore) cross-react to cause a false positive?

8. When one test positive on one test, and negative on another, what is the likelihood that their WB will come out positive?

9. If I am truly negative, should I test again in 6 days because 12 weeks and one day is not 13 weeks?

I'm sorry if I'm being redundant and repetitive, I'm sure you guys are tired of seeing me here. I apologize. I just have nobody else knowledgeable on the subject to talk to.  :-\

-Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version