HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

confused..please help

(1/4) > >>

susi:
Hi,i tested negative 47 days after the last contact with the ag/ab test..i had protected sex but sometimes we used to rub each other without wearing any clothes,also many times the head of his penis touched the entrance of my vagina so i am sure that some of his precum touched my vagina and maybe get inside..What do you think,should i retest?please i am confused over this

RapidRod:
Frontage is not considered a risk. I see no reason to test or retest.

Andy Velez:
"Rubbing" (sometimes called frottage) is not a risk for HIV transmission. If that was your only so-called risk it wasn't even necessary to get tested.

The only real issue in terms of HIV transmission sexually is via unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. The kind of activity you've described has never been documented as a means of transmission and you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Just make sure that anytime you have intercourse the guy is wearing a latex condom and you will be fine as far as HIV is concerned.

There's no need for further testing in relation to that incident.

Cheers,

Ann:
suzi,

The rubbing you describe is called frottage, and frottage is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is successfully transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where penetration has occured. For more in-depth information on hiv transmission, click on the Lessons links in the Welcome Thread

You do not need further testing over this incident. You are hiv negative. Please protect your negative status by using condoms. You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can make sure your fella is using them properly. While you're on either of those pages, have a look through the bottom three links in the left-hand column. They discuss ways that you, as a woman, can protect yourself. I recommend the female condom as they are also excellent barriers against hiv infection, and importantly, they give YOU the control over condom use. They can even be put in place in advance so you're not fumbling around at the crucial moment. They're fiddly to use at first, but if you can put a tampon in, you can use these. It gets easier with practice. Give them a try.

Although you do NOT need further testing over this incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

susi:
Thank you all,but is it stil frottage when the head of the penis touched the entrance of the vagina and get inside just a little?i am sure that he didnt penetrate me but maybe some of his fluids found the way to enter..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version