HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Why do I do this to myself.

<< < (2/8) > >>

Ann:
Again,

Bacterial infections are a sign of bacterial infections. They're nothing to do with hiv.

You did not have a risk. Protected intercourse is just that, protected. Condoms have been PROVEN to prevent hiv infection.

Ann

again:
Now I am really freaking out!!  I put the HIV thing behind me and my girlfreind and I just had unprotected sex for the first time ever 5 days ago.  We just noticed a rash on her legs that looks like little pin wheels; they do not itch.   

Is this to soon for symptoms.    I thougt I was in the clear because I was protected. 

I'm freaking out that I may have given her something if I caught something.

RapidRod:
Go back and read the "Welcome" thread. You had protected sex and whatever is wrong with your girlfriend has nothing to do with the protected sex you had with the SW. End of subject.

Ann:
Again,

You don't just need to be using condoms with sex workers, you need to be using condoms with anyone unless you have tested together with them. Has your girlfriend ever tested?

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

again:
I tested last October and she tested during the year.  We have always had protected.  Even with my one out of bounds turn with a SW.   So we always used protection. 

We started last week having unprotected because I thought my SW episode was a no risk.

Iím just scared because of the rash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version