Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Free cell phone service for disabled/medicaid/foodstamp recipients

<< < (2/3) > >>

jkinatl2:
Its actually not a bad deal. I had Lifelink when I had a land line. When it works, it seems to work fine as a cell service. I no longer have a land line, and the cell version only offers 60 minutes a month (with rollover) which allows little more than an emergency phone, or to schedule doctors appointments, et al.

But far better than nothing, and free. So there is that.

Granny60:
I got an email this morning from a guy that  got one of these and he is proud as punch. Now he can call his mom and doesn't have to bum a phone to call the doc.

phildinftlaudy:
My ex (who is still a friend) has and it is his first cell phone - and he loves it.  He can actually get in touch with people if he is out and about -- (i.e. getting caught in rain waiting for bus, letting people know he is on his way, etc) - He still has home phone - but having the free cell gives him ability to stay in touch when not at home.  They are actually getting ready to have competition here from assurant and t-mobile.

ARMANDO:
i was interested in applying for this free phone service but they asked for my social security number and i just don't feel comfortable in giving this private information online!!

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: ARMANDO on November 16, 2010, 08:07:28 AM ---i was interested in applying for this free phone service but they asked for my social security number and i just don't feel comfortable in giving this private information online!!

--- End quote ---

That is absolutely your right. They also, of course, have the right to refuse you service. It is my understanding that the site is secure, and that the information is used so that a person's identity and qualifying conditions can be confirmed.

Perhaps you can do this through the mail, or over the phone if that is more comfortable for you.

As for me, if someone stole my identity, they would not get very far with my credit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version