HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

I could not find this information on the web

<< < (2/2)

Marion:
Thank you very much for the support. I have conducted the test in the morning (today) and I have been practicing safe sex for quite a while now.

But I am extremely anxious because of my past mistakes and because I am in love with someone and if I infected her I believe I will just not be able to bear it. I am willing to pay for my mistakes, each one of them, but if something happens to her it would be devastating...I just can't explain it with words.

Andy Velez:
Well, I can understand your concern about the health of the person you're involved with now.

What I can also say is that HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. It is very significantly harder to accomplish from female to male so the odds against you getting it from a woman via intercourse are very much in your favor.

But of course low risk is not the same as no risk so the wise thing is getting tested and remove any doubts from your mind.

You yourself would be more at risk for HIV yourself if you were having an outbreak of herpes during unprotected intercourse. 

Good luck and keep us posted. Like I said, the odds are still in your favor that you'll come out of this ok.

Until the issue is resolved and for that matter until you are in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners have tested negative you should be using condoms everytime you have intercourse.

Cheers,

Marion:
I am and will continue to have safe sex. Thank you very much for answering my questions. I would like to help in the woderful job you guys are doing here everyday, financially or by any other means. Please do not hesitate to contact me, you got my email.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version