Main Forums > Living With HIV

My thought for the day...

(1/1)

livingpositively:
Just wanted to share this “thought” with you all.

I was watching “Inside the Actors’ Studio” and Tim Allen was the guest.  At the end of each show, the host, James Lipton, asks the guest a series of questions – same questions for every guest:  What is your favorite word, least favorite word, favorite sound, least favorite, etc, etc.  The last question on the “list” is, “If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?”

Now, Tim Allen being the funny guy that he is, I expected some sort of comedic, smart-ass response.  What he said he’d like to hear God say is, “I told you there was nothing to be afraid of.”  I was stunned.  It brought tears to my eyes.

You can insert whatever higher power and/or “afterlife” you choose into the scenario.  I don’t think it changes the profound sense of calm that it induces – at least for me.  I have replayed the question and answer in my head many times since I heard it.  Each time is no less comforting than the time before.

As we travel this arduous road that is life, and living with HIV (with all of its uncertainties, fears, pains, etc), I find great solace in picturing myself, standing before my God and Him telling me that there is nothing to be afraid of.

I hope it brings some peace to you as well.

Love and hugs,

Shane   :)

angels4kelly:
Thank you for posting this!
I get the same sense of calmness from Tim Allen's words as you did and I really think this will stick with me for good! ;D

Thanks again, Shane
Peace,
Kelly

Life:
Shane,  Thanks... That was the best positive thing I read all day!

aztecan:
Hey Shane,

Your thought for the day was great. It reminded me of a poem, or saying, which I will probably misquote, but it goes like this.

When you reach the end of the light of all you know and step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: Someone will be there to catch you or you'll be taught how to fly.

HUGS,

Mark

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: livingpositively on August 28, 2006, 06:25:53 PM ---As we travel this arduous road that is life, and living with HIV (with all of its uncertainties, fears, pains, etc), I find great solace in picturing myself, standing before my God and Him telling me that there is nothing to be afraid of.

I hope it brings some peace to you as well.

--- End quote ---

It totally does. this subject has been on my mind with all our troops over in Iraq leaving Earth much too soon. and because each and every one of us will have a final chapter, a final page ....THANK YOU. Positively uplifting. Positively beautiful.
 :)  :-*  8)

ps Inside the Actors Studio is great, very stimulating. I remember when Gwyneth Paltrow was the main guest she had some interesting thoughts on God as well

Mark: Maybe we'll be caught *and* taught how to fly at the same time!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version