Main Forums > Living With HIV

disclosure

<< < (2/3) > >>

Moffie65:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on June 02, 2006, 05:08:00 AM ---How much can you love and respect someone with whom you base your relationship on a lie of omission? How much can  you love and respect yourself?

It baffles me that anyone expects to construct a reality on a framework of fiction. Please be true to your heart, and to your soul. Disclose.

--- End quote ---

I almost always have something original to say here, but when someone like Jonathan comes up with my very thoughts, I am afraid my duplicating it would only be boring and un-inspired.  However, I have a long time reputation of standing by the mantra that if we live through lies, we will die through lies.  If we cannot be truthful with ourselves, how in the hell is anything we touch going to come out with any joy or clarity.

I don't want to pick on you here, but if you create a relationship based on omission, or lies, it will surely fail.  So, why do it?

In Love.

Christine:
Tendai,

I was in a relationship where my boyfriend did not disclose to me his + status. I found out through a third party. I am angered that he did not give me the chance, or opportunity to choose if I wanted to be involved with someone who was +. But, I also recognize that I had a responsibility to protect myself, which I failed at, so I don't view contracting hiv as "his fault", but I would have liked to have had all of the truth. I do agree with some of the other posters, if you go into a relationship which is not based on truth, and mutual respect it probably won't turn out the way you want it to.

If he is a person who wants to be with you, and respects your life, he will stick around regardless of hiv.

Christine

PeteNYNJ:
Disclose..Honesty is power. 

Disclosing is tough the first few times but then it gets easier and easier and easier.

At least, that i my experience

Biggums:
Definitely agree with the folks above me.  Come clean.  The guilt and looking over your shoulder will kill whatever chance at a healthy relationship you might have.

PS  LOVE THE SPELL CHECK!!!!

LACboi:
Tendai,

disclose before the sex starts. I also agree with what Jonathan said as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version