Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

ADAP Funding Threatened by Teabaggers & Conservative Democrats

<< < (6/6)

mecch:
Thanks for the link. I think I may have three months of Intelence to donate soon enough.

hotpuppy:

--- Quote from: Moffie65 on June 09, 2010, 06:03:14 PM ---What is really sad Ed, is that this is not a new story, but a repeat of what we have had to go through every year since ADAP was created. 

--- End quote ---

That's why it's critical that we get people Health Insurance because it puts the power in the hands of the patient.  As an insured patient you can change providers if you don't like the way you are treated.  It's going to change the way ASO's do business.  Yes, yes, they all claim to care and provide the best services... but repeatedly I hear from friends who can't get an appointment for 10 days when they have a cold.  Heck, by that time they'll be very sick or over it.

metekrop:
What does the new health care bill do in respect to this???   Doesn't it has something to do?

leatherman:

--- Quote from: metekrop on June 16, 2010, 11:33:41 AM ---What does the new health care bill do in respect to this???   Doesn't it has something to do?

--- End quote ---
someone else will have to speak to the changes the reform will make (although I believe it should allow people to buy into insurance which can cover their prescription costs); but the federal ADAP program was just renewed in Oct for another four years, so some form of ADAP will be around for a while yet (perhaps it will cover the insurance premiums rather than purchasing the meds in the future).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version