POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:22:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 644239
  • Total Topics: 49032
  • Online Today: 208
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: An Angel is going back to heaven  (Read 2765 times)

Offline papichasing

An Angel is going back to heaven
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:19:02 PM »
God sent me an Angel. Her name is Samantha and is my beautiful basset hound. When I found out that I am HIV positive she was there for me to comfort me and show me her unconditional love. She was probably one of the most important factors in my recovery process. When I was depress she was there to make smile. When I had to cry she was there to lick my tears. Every time I came home from the doctor office after some good news about my condition she was there to celebrate with me. Yesterday I found out that is time for this Angel to go back to heaven. A few days ago Samantha got sick and the cet informed me yesterday that she has cancer and that she won't make it. Today is my last day with this wonderful Angel since tomorrow I have to put her to sleep. My heart is broken in pieces and I can't stop crying. I can't imagine my life without her and to be honest I have no idea how I am going to handle this sad lost. I only ask God to make me strong enough to deal with all this. Tomorrow an Angel is going back to heaven and she will be missed like nobody can imagine. Thanks Samantha for every minute of happiness that you brought into my life. Life won't be that same without you. I love you with all my heart.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Re: An Angel is going back to heaven
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:30:48 PM »
Awww, I wouldn't wish this decision on anyone and I'd give you one helluva hug right now if you were anywhere nearby.  I'm sure she'll be better off this way.  My sympathies to you.

PS: she's so damn cute

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »
Oh...look at that face, she IS an Angel! Be strong for her as she's been strong for you. You are doing the right thing. Maybe you could gather some pictures and other things for a memory book. Or just cuddle with her. If she can stomach it, give her all her favorite treats. I am starting to cry now. It's not easy but you have to do this, no way it's going away. You can fall apart afterwards but the most important thing is to be there for her when she drifts off.

Hugs,
Creighton

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:36 PM »

I'm sorry about your impending loss of this lovely angel, Samantha.  Those big eyes just tear at my heart.

(((HUGS)))
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Online Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »
Im sorry for your loss ...

Offline WillyWump

• Fall is in the air!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
omg, what a beautiful dog.

I'm so sorry about your situation. :-[

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »
Sorry for your loss.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 05:49:42 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your best friend, I'm a great animal lover and couldn't bear to watch my babies suffer, as sad as it is for you , you did the right thing for her...no more suffering.

{{{hugs}}}
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 07:51:59 AM »
I am so, so sorry for your loss.  She is one gorgeous, and cuddly-looking dog.  You did the absolute most merciful thing.  Hugs to you-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »
I'm very, very sorry to hear about Samantha.  I have some idea of how deeply this can hurt.  Back in April, I had to have my own hound dog put to sleep, and she too had cancer.  She brought me so much happiness for 13 years.  I'm sure Samantha has done the same for you.  You've loved her and taken good care of her, and she knows that.

Hugs,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Just John

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

As a dog owner myself I know how much they become a part of your life, just like another Human but without the baggage.

At least you can let her go knowing that for your brief time together you made her life happy and worth living.

My thoughts are with you.

-John
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Offline MAKOMAN

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 06:07:07 PM »
So Sorry for your loss she really is an Angel...
4/15/10  CD4-461  VL<75
2/18/10  CD4-485  VL <75
12/02/09 CD4-650  VL  70
08/24/09 CD4-631  VL <48
06/24/09  CD4-317  VL 104
3/2009 BEGAN REYATAZ/TRUVADA/NORVIR
02/06/09 CD4-355  VL 168,930
12/2008 TEST POS

Offline element

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 06:25:25 PM »
Dear Papi,

Hi, I don't know if I'm allowed to post here, but I wanted to send my support to you.

Samantha is beautiful!

I have had 2 basset hounds- one for 10 years, he passed away last year.
And then I adopted another...
I was so depressed after I lost my old hound! I understand the bond you have with a basset-
they are such sweethearts. Basset's are the most sentimental, loving, and
silliest dogs I know.

Hugs from my basset couch potato,

Ms. Element

Offline papichasing

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 11:50:59 PM »
My beloved Samantha is in heaven now. Today was my last day with her. I really appreciate each one of your messages. I talked to her for a long time. When I came back home from the vet office and open the door my house was so empty. Thanks God my dear roommate and my best friends stayed with me up until a few minutes ago. I can stop thinking that tomorrow she is not going to be here to great me after I come back from work. But I know I did the right thing. She was the most wonderful dog that you can imagine and she will be missed always. But I had to let her go. She must be telling God at this moment about all the good things she did for me and I know that God is gonna be very proud of this angel and how much she helped me and all the happiness she brought into my life when it was most need it. Thanks again for all the messages. You are a wonderful group of people and God bless you each one of you always. 

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 11:52:33 PM »
 :(

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 12:09:18 AM »
{{{{hugs}}}}
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline nixsmail

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 12:29:56 AM »
so so sorry for your loss. but she'll be with you forever. :'(
09/05/07 Officially diagnosed +4yrs at the time
11/06/07 CD4 624 (18%) VL 43,200
05/04/09 CD4 272 (15%) VL 521,190
06/10/09 CD4 127 (13%) VL 626,376 Started Truvada/Prezista/Norvir
07/15/09 CD4 849 (20%) VL 379
09/09/09 CD4 594 (21%) VL 68
01/28/10 CD4 706 (23%) VL 127
05/27/10 CD4 655 (22%) VL 322
07/29/10 CD4 750 (22%) VL 220
10/22/10 CD4 669 (23%) VL 65
12/27/10 CD4 720 (24%) VL 270
03/08/11 CD4 644 (23%) VL 631
07/27/11 CD4 694 (23%) VL <20
03/09/12 CD4 601 (20%) VL UND
11/07/12 CD4 693 (23%) VL UND
04/17/13 CD4 559 (23%) VL UND
11/07/13 CD4 846 (24%) VL UND
03/28/14 CD4 869 (24%) VL UND

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 02:30:55 AM »
I'm so sorry about your loss.  For those of us without kids, they really do become our children.  And, I know people with children who say the same thing.  My oldest dog is now 14.  She has hip problems and we have to carry her up the stairs.  She also has skin issues.  I don't even want to think about her going, but I know it will probably be in the next year to two.  I think I will literally end up having to go into serious therapy. 

For now, I know she is still doing well cause she loves to eat.  When she's in the backyard, she'll get energy and run around with our other dog.  When she starts losing interest in food, I will worry.  My parents still grieve the loss of their dog from over a year ago.  My Mom will say things like, "TJ helped me feed the birds tonight."  I asked her if she really saw him--just wanted to make sure she wasn't losing it.  She said he was there in spirit. 

Offline camille07

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 08:48:10 AM »
Papi-

I'm sorry for your loss.  I love my dog very much and I know how I feel about her.  She too has been my constant companion through my divorce and dx.  The way I look at it is that you were really blessed to have this amazing creature in your life even if it were for a short time.  She was a beautiful, beautiful Angel for sure.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
I love opening this thread and seeing that great picture of Samantha. Thank you for sharing her with us. You and she shared a good life together.

I think part of what animals, especially dogs and cats, teach us is about how to deal with death, since their life spans are so much shorter than ours. They are always so brave and live in the moment which is very inspiring.

I know someone who lost a dog and was in so much pain they refused to ever get another dog in order not to go through that again. I think that is cheating oneself out of the amazing experience of sharing one's life with a dog or cat.

If you have another picture of her to put up that would be awesome.

{{{hugs}}}

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 12:54:36 PM »
hi papi,

so sorry to read about samantha. like so many others here, i share in your pain... our pets are such a large part of our lives. they are our family and yes, there is nothing more pure than their unconditional love. when you are ready, perhaps you can consider giving another dog a loving home...there are so many of them out there in need. you can never replace a pet, for each is an individual, but sometimes filling the void with a new pet helps to heal the heart.  peace.

max
1/86 - 6/08 (annually): neg elisa
7/09: pos elisa/pos wb
8/09: cd4 560, cd4% 35, vl 13,050
12/09: cd4 568, cd4% 33, vl 2,690
4/10: cd4 557, cd4% 29.3, vl 6,440
7/10: cd4 562, cd4% 29.6, vl 3,780

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 03:34:50 AM »
I love opening this thread and seeing that great picture of Samantha. Thank you for sharing her with us. You and she shared a good life together.

I think part of what animals, especially dogs and cats, teach us is about how to deal with death, since their life spans are so much shorter than ours. They are always so brave and live in the moment which is very inspiring.

I know someone who lost a dog and was in so much pain they refused to ever get another dog in order not to go through that again. I think that is cheating oneself out of the amazing experience of sharing one's life with a dog or cat.

If you have another picture of her to put up that would be awesome.

{{{hugs}}}

I've come back to look at her again, too.  What a beautiful dog and awesome pic.  That is good enough to be used for publication--an ad for dog food, pet adoption, etc.

Offline Just John

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 07:25:30 PM »

When our German Shepherd died in 1996 we were both so upset that we said that we'd never have another.

That was until we rescued Max, our Labrador cross 6 years ago, like you say we cheated ourselves for so many years but it seemed so disloyal at the time to even think of getting another.

Papi, my heart goes out to you.

-John.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.