POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 05:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23350
  • Latest: Smasher
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636702
  • Total Topics: 48324
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 98
Total: 98

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Debrahlee Lorenzana - discrimination victim?  (Read 1473 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Debrahlee Lorenzana - discrimination victim?
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:12:01 AM »
Debrahlee Lorenzana  - what to you think - was she fired for being too hot, or there a backstory.  ;)

http://www.businessinsider.com/debrahlee-lorenzana-citi-2010-6

Debrahlee Lorenzana is filing a lawsuit against Citibank because they fired her, she says, for the strangest reason: she's too hot.

She's 5'5'', 125 pounds and well, you've seen her photo.

"Where I'm from," she told the Village Voice, "women dress up—like put on makeup and do their nails—to go to the supermarket... I was raised very Latin. We're feminine. A woman in Puerto Rico takes care of herself."

HOT SLIDE SHOW:

http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/too-hot-for-citibank--30014985/3/

___________________________________________________________________________________

Personally I don't get the logic. Wouldn't straight men want to work around a beautiful woman, and just enjoy the daily eye candy.

But I remember one time I was teaching a class of North African and Mediterrean young men and women and this one young woman was a total knockout, a bomb, and wore pretty sexy clothes to school in the summer. Finally the boys revolted and told me I had to somehow ask the director or dean to step and do something, because they were genuinely distracted by miss hotness. 
But these were college boys, hormones a raging.  Can't bankers keep their wits about them?

I can't imagine gay guys in the office having any complaints about a handsome man. 

She is gorgeous by the way.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Debrahlee Lorenzana - discrimination victim?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:49:02 AM »
I think she's just trying to make lemonade out of lemons.

In this economic climate, the possible modelling deals etc that may come her way from the publicity of this case is a rather more attractive proposition than unemployment benefits.

She is hot. I wouldn't throw her out of bed.  :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 10:02:39 AM »

Yep, she's definitely HOT.I've worked in office settings before and I doubt it was the straight men who took issue with her.  It's my guess the problem was more with her female coworkers who were jealous.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:08:22 AM »

HOLEY MOLEY!!!   Did anyone take a look at this Sasquatch up close?!?!  I think I see what the problem is now- go to the eighth pic on the slide show.  That has got to be a size 12 atleast, mens size no less!  

Sheeez...  damn girl got some roach stompers for real.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 12:18:06 PM »
Yep.  But i bet that helps balance everything on the top. 

I hadn't even thought about the other women in the office. Its kinda sexist to imagine such women hating women but supposedly women themselves say they have to watch out for workplace sabotage coming from their sisters.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
The poet John Keats said "A thing of beauty is a joy forever". As one of the beautiful people, I completely identify with Debrahlee. Average people just don't understand that exceptional beauty can be a curse, a cross to bear if you will. I can't tell you how many jobs I have been denied because employers say that I'm "just too pretty". Why even when I applied for military service I was turn away because of fears my sexual aura would pervert straight men's carnal urges. I applaud Debrahlee for bringing the plight of the terminally hot to national attention and hope that we succeed in getting beautiful people recognized as a protected class.

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 02:09:35 PM »
Are you sure that they didn't just fire her for taking sexy photos when she should be working?
[.Fodão.]

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.