Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Just tested Positive

(1/4) > >>

Bizmark33:
Hello everyone. I am here becasue I just tested positive yesterday. I found out over the phone, as many do, I'm sure. It is almost unreal.
     It was devastating an life changing news. I still have alot I have to go through. There is alot I have to tell everyone, and I am just not ready yet. I have one friend who I told, and she is very supportive, and wants me to live. Part of me does too, but another part.....well,  another part is just not sure I can live with what I have yet to do.
     I am 33 years old. I believe I am a decen person, who has done some indecent things. I am not sure what the future holds, or how I am going to deal with it, but.....here I am.
Brian

kentb:
Brian, I am sorry you tested positive for HIV.  There is a lot of good news, you have many medications available and wonderful medical advancements that can make this diagnosis a bit more manageable than just a few years ago.  I was diagnosed about 6 years ago when I was 29.  I remember feeling like I was spinning out of control.  Some advice might be to only tell  people you feel like will be able to support you. 
This forum seems to be a good place to reach out to others who are experiencing the same thing.
You will be fine!
Take a deep breath!

warmest regards,

kent

Gilles:
Hi Brian, sorry to hear.

I was diagnosed 5 months ago. All I can tell is that things can only get better. I have been extremly unlucky but there is no point thinking about the past now. Don't be hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. It is going to take time and it took me more than couple of months to come out of the primary shock that I was experiencing. Now at last, things are getting better and I feel like there is still so much to my life (I am only 23 after all). So all I can say is take one step at a time. Dont tell the whole "nation" about your diagnosis. Just tell couple of your friends. The best way I dealt with it, I worked really hard at uni first couple of months and it has really helped.

Eldon:
Hello Brian, it is Eldon. First of all WELCOME to the forums where you will find love, encouragement, support, fun, and many answers to your questions relating to HIV/AIDS. You have found the RIGHT website; there is a lot of information here and a very good listening group of individuals. Feel free to visit from time to add to your current support system.

I am sorry to hear that you have tested HIV positive. I'm sure it is a shock as it was for me when I found out. The good news is that you do know now rather than walking around with the virus left unattended.

Follow your ID Doctor's advice as well as his/her instructions. In turn, eat a healthy diet, get some exercise, drink plenty of fluids, and get your proper rest. When you have the time please take a moment to read through our Welcome thread.

I'm sure that there are a number of questions that are running through your mind. Don't try to decipher it all at one time. Just take it one step at a time.

Again, Welcome!

Joe K:
Hello Brian,

I'm sorry for your diagnosis but glad you found your way here.  I know your head is spinning and that's how it will be for at least a few weeks.  Just go with it and take your time coming to grips with the news.  I've been poz for 22 years and given current treatment you will lead a long and full life.  I know you don't see it right now, but it will happen.

You also need to stop seeing yourself as damaged or that you somehow did something to warrent becoming infected.  There is nothing indecent about sexual relations no matter who the partners and to be honest, I don't even care how you became poz, just that you are.

So take a deep breath, let it out slowly and repeat as often as necessary.  For right now, just take it one day at a time, find support wherever you can and I would suggest that you limit the number of people you tell right now, until you fully understand the risks of disclosure.  I don't want to scare you, but right now you are probably very confused, so just give it some more time.

Brian, you are a person worthy of a good life, who has done nothing wrong.  Do not allow the stigma of HIV to taint your soul.  You have a disease, as do we all.  You are starting on a journey and while we can't tell you how it will proceed, we can certainly walk with you.

Use these forums to ask questions, make comments or just to let off some steam.  We don't mind, we've all been there and we plan on being there for you.

Welcome to the forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version