Main Forums > Living With HIV

Swollen lymph nodes??

<< < (2/4) > >>

otherplaces:

Tar Heel,

You're just a few months ahead of me. I'm glad your nodes have gone down. Hopefully mine will do the same. I have similar memories of spending all of last august in bed sick to death and worried to death. It was hot as hell and I have no ac. Those are some bad memories. wow.

If they don't go down...will they go down when you're on meds???

OP

wellington:
I've suffered swollen nodes from time to time, too. Oddly enough, a flu I had in the 80's that made a node under my jaw chronically swollen has recently seen it drain. No sense putting too much weight on any one component of your body - save maybe the brain :)  I find staying in a good frame of mind the best medicine ever - besides the prescribed stuff.

Tar Heel:

--- Quote from: otherplaces on June 02, 2006, 02:36:19 AM ---Tar Heel,

You're just a few months ahead of me. I'm glad your nodes have gone down. Hopefully mine will do the same. I have similar memories of spending all of last august in bed sick to death and worried to death. It was hot as hell and I have no ac. Those are some bad memories. wow.

If they don't go down...will they go down when you're on meds???

OP

--- End quote ---
dunno.  i'm not on any meds yet.

Ann:
OP,

May I ask how do you know they're swollen if they're not hurting you? My guess is that you keep checking them to see if they are still swollen, and doing that will KEEP them swollen. I know because I've done that to myself. Make yourself keep your hands off them for a week at the very least and see if there isn't some improvement. If you've been touching them alot, it might take longer than that for them to go down again.

There is a form of massage called lymphatic drainage. If you continue to have problems even after you start keeping your hands off, see if you can't find a qualified practitioner in your area. They should be able to teach you how to do this to yourself as well.

Good luck with those pesky glands...

Ann

blondbeauty:
Ive had swollen lymph nodes under my armpits since my infection in 2002. The Dr. says it means the immuešne system is working properly. A destroyed immune system does not produce swollen lymph nodes or any other reaction. Meds usually make the return to their original size.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version