Main Forums > Living With HIV

Swollen lymph nodes??

<< < (4/4)

thomas2013:
Hi,

I tested positive a about 6 months ago after a feverish acute phase. Since then I've had two or three swellings in my neck.

Spots with rash appeared on penis recently, doctor and internet point towards herpes. I'm due to go on HIV meds next month so not too worried. HOWEVER this week have increasingly swollen glands between neck and jaw. When I tip my chin towards chin the glands stick out when I feel them.

Anyone recognise these symptoms?
Know if going on herpes meds will help?
Know how I can encourage these swellings to go down?
Anything else I should look out for?

All feedback welcome, if this is in the wrong place or already being dealt with on this forum please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

aaware72:

--- Quote from: thomas2013 on September 28, 2013, 07:54:55 AM ---Hi,

I tested positive a about 6 months ago after a feverish acute phase. Since then I've had two or three swellings in my neck.

Spots with rash appeared on penis recently, doctor and internet point towards herpes. I'm due to go on HIV meds next month so not too worried.

--- End quote ---

Have you not had a test done for Herpes?  You said your DR points towards herpes?  I would think the DR would do a test?

beentheredoneit:
So far, it seems like everyone has a similar story about how they have swollen lymph nodes that don't go down.

Is there anyone here who has a story about how something they tried, i.e. a supplement, diet change, etc actually reduced them in size or stopped swelling completely?

oksikoko:

--- Quote from: otherplaces on June 02, 2006, 02:36:19 AM ---I have similar memories of spending all of last august in bed sick to death and worried to death. It was hot as hell and I have no ac. Those are some bad memories. wow.

--- End quote ---

This, and Downton Abbey, is what I remember most from my seroconversion and acute retroviral syndrome days. I didn't have air conditioning, but I did have a 104 degree fever which felt cool compared to the 187,000 degree weather at the time. It was fall really soon after, though, and now that fall is happening again, when the wind blows just right, I have weird flashbacks to how crappy I felt last year.

OP: I had really swollen glands (in the groin, not the neck), but they cleared up right after I started Stribild. I'm not sure if that's coincidental.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version