POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 04:23:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23305
  • Latest: anji
Stats
  • Total Posts: 635829
  • Total Topics: 48239
  • Online Today: 314
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: IMPORTANT: PERSONALIZED AVATARS/FORUMS PICTURES  (Read 29886 times)

Offline Tim Horn

IMPORTANT: PERSONALIZED AVATARS/FORUMS PICTURES
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
As most of you have seen and experienced first hand, we've been experiencing tremendous difficulties in the Forums as of late. The root cause of the errant pop-ups, Forums layout abnormalities and login problems appears to be malicious PHP and javascript code being uploaded to our server. Though we are taking precautions to secure the breaches, hackers are still getting past our defenses -- and we have reason to believe the malicious code is continually being uploaded in the form of fake image files.

Our initial effort to combat this involved blocking all message-based images from being uploaded to our server (the use of inline HTML-based images is still authorized). We now need to strip the Forums of all uploaded avatars -- with more than 1500 uploaded avatars in the system, we simply can't go through each image file to ferret out malicious code.

All uploaded avatars will be stripped as of 10:30 this morning.

That said, you will still have the option of personalizing your avatar. There are a few options.

1) Click on "Profile" above.

2) Click on "Forum Profile Information" under "Modify Profile" in the left-side menu box.

3) Either use the "Personalized Picture" option of the "I have my own pic" option. "I will upload my own picture" will no longer be an option.

4) If you choose "I have my own pic," you'll need to provide a URL to an image file of choice posted elsewhere. To do this, post your current (or new) avatar to a photo sharing site -- such as Picasa, Flickr, Photbucket, etc. -- and isolate the URL for that particular photo. Simply copy and paste the URL for the image you'd like to use in the space provided.

It's unfortunate it has come to this -- but hackers are clearly set on ruining the forums for the rest of us.

I ask for your patience and cooperation as we do everything possible to put an end to this problem once and for all.

I appreciate that the switch to inline, URL-based avatars will be a headache for many. Thus, I'm asking for everyone's cooperation and hope that we can all help each other out -- in this thread and via private messaging -- with avatar images.

Thanks everyone,

Tim
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:45:02 AM by Tim Horn »

Offline Tim Horn

Re: IMPORTANT: PERSONALIZED AVATARS/FORUMS PICTURES
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »
Before posting a new avatar picture to a photo sharing site, be sure to resize your desired image so that it's 100 X 100 pixels (the default for inline images; SMF might not recognize alternative image dimensions on other websites).

If you don't know how to resize images using photo software program(s) on your computer, use an online image cropping service (e.g., shrinkpictures.com).

Simply upload the image you'd like to use and resize to 100 pixels.

On the results page, you'll be provided with a URL containing the cropped image. Copy and paste the provided URL into a new window, then download the image and republish it your favorite photo sharing site. Use the URL for the image on the photo sharing site to update your AIDSmeds Forums profile.

TIm
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:22:37 PM by Tim Horn »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 02:55:34 PM »
I don't use any of the photo sharing sites (Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, etc).   Does anyone know if there there advantages of one over another or are they all about the same?

Thanks.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 02:59:30 PM »
they all do about the same but you have to create an account.

I find that Photobucket is easier to use.

if you just need a tool to set up your avatar, use the link that Tim provided in his thread.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:03:50 PM by Alain »

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »
they all do about the same but you have to create an account.

I find that Photobucket is easier to use.

if you just need a tool to set up your avatar, use the link that Tim provided in his thread.

But that tool is just to re-size, right? Would I still have to join one of the photo sharing sites?

Thanks, Alain ;)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 04:16:36 PM »
And, please, why would hackers be interested in seeding this havoc on this Forum?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 05:34:43 PM »
Another question...does this have anything to do with the recent, seeming to be site-related spam e-mails I'm receiving? Not knowing what form the hacking takes and if they're accessing personal e-mail addresses I've gotten a half dozen within the last two weeks which then link to Canadian drug sources. Thanks much.

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
And, please, why would hackers be interested in seeding this havoc on this Forum?
for the same reason any virus/spam happens - because some fool out there will respond and send money. spamming/hacking takes next to no effort on the other end and if just one idiot responds that's money somebody didn't even have to work for.

unforuntately spamming makes easy money so there's just no stopping it.
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »

As Leatherman points out, this isn't so much about maliciously sabotaging the Forums as it is about hackers taking advantage of the Forums' high traffic to promote the sale, through clandestine methods, of erectile dysfunction drugs and controlled substances from off shore distributors. Needless o say, these ads are not authorized by us. 

The moderators are continuously blocking new accounts from tried and true spammers. Some, however, really want to play hardball and attempt to insert malicious code onto our server to generate unauthorized popups. Though their efforts usually fail, they do damage in the process.

Another question...does this have anything to do with the recent, seeming to be site-related spam e-mails I'm receiving? Not knowing what form the hacking takes and if they're accessing personal e-mail addresses I've gotten a half dozen within the last two weeks which then link to Canadian drug sources. Thanks much.

We *do not* believe that the e-mail-related spam being received by some members of the Forums and POZ Personals is related to the website hacks we've been experiencing as of late. There's been an upswing in Malware-generated e-mail hacks affecting a variety of e-mail networks, not just those related to POZ or AIDSmeds. We have absolutely no reason to believe that anyone's Forums account has been compromised.

We've implemented some important additional security precautions this weekend. Hopefully, we're now one step ahead of the hack attempts -- and we're going to be rolling out some additional precautions in coming weeks. Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon problem among online community forums; fortunately, we continue to learn from the experiences of others in this regard.

Keep your antiviral software up to date and operating at all times. And don't click on any questionable links, or open questionable attachments, included in e-mails -- no matter who is sending them. When in doubt, send an e-mail to the sender asking for clarification.

Tim    
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:08:53 PM by Tim Horn »

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 57 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 01:49:39 AM »
Well butter my butt and call me biscuit . . .  I figured out how to do it!  ;D

Seems you can teach an old dog new tricks.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Online tednlou2

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 02:20:33 AM »
Well butter my butt and call me biscuit . . .  I figured out how to do it!  ;D

Seems you can teach an old dog new tricks.

HUGS,

Mark

I use Photobucket.com and it works great.  Very easy.  It even allows me to post pix that poz.com said were too large before using the old way.  However, when I try cropping pix of me, it sometimes makes my face look funny.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 11:16:44 PM »
Ok, my pic is not loading and I am using Photobucket. What gives?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

The Royal Blog

Offline leatherman

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 11:33:51 PM »

the coding is incorrect for some reason.

it reads
Code: [Select]
http://[img]http//i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Capricorn38/Myhusband007.jpg[/IMG]it shouldn't have that "http://" in front of the IMG tag,
and after the IMG tag it should read "http://" (the colon is missing)

it should be
[img]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Capricorn38/Myhusband007.jpg[/img]which would show

copy this:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Capricorn38/Myhusband007.jpgand paste it into the appropriate box on the profile page
and click the "change profile" button
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 02:03:58 AM »

Hit "Share" and then go to "Get Link Code" and use the second one that comes up called "Direct Link For Layout Pages.''

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »
thanks leatherman and inch...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

The Royal Blog

Offline leatherman

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 04:24:04 PM »
thanks leatherman
the "computertutor" lives to serve  :D :-*
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline Batman4oz

• The BatCave of Oz!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 02:16:36 AM »
For editing, tweaking, playing with pix...Picnik is great.  http://www.picnik.com/  And it's free.
JUDY-ism...the Only religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
www.thebatcaveofoz.us
               ^^X^^

Offline weasel

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »

OK who  wants to PM  me ?

I have tyred to make  photo bucket work ............................

I am not having any luck !

I can place pictures in photo-bucket

But then they are  stuck ..............  ?

Carl

The one with a missing Avatar  ::)
" Live and let Live "

Offline weasel

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 06:04:22 PM »

I have a face !

Sort of ................   LOL

Carl   :)
" Live and let Live "

Offline lforsyth

• Instaurator Ruinae
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 10:03:49 AM »
I treated myself to some new slacks and long sleeve shirts recently.  Now that we're in hot monsoon weather dressing up feels cooler than wearing jeans to work.
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 10:33:24 AM »
I treated myself to some new slacks and long sleeve shirts recently.  Now that we're in hot monsoon weather dressing up feels cooler than wearing jeans to work.

And I love tiramisu.

Was this perhaps supposed to go under another thread?
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Hoover

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 09:22:18 AM »
I must be doing something wrong, my photo is not showing up...
This morning I created a page with Picasa, edited the photo to the correct size and published.
I took the URL address and put it in the appropriate blank in my profile and hit save changes.
Nothing is showing up as a photo. Do I need to be drinking stronger coffee?
Any help would be great.

here is the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/115270907469902234689/Cr?authkey=Gv1sRgCJXj4p7QxN25hAE#5529737528572830402

Thanks,
Hoover
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »
I must be doing something wrong, my photo is not showing up...
This morning I created a page with Picasa, edited the photo to the correct size and published.
I took the URL address and put it in the appropriate blank in my profile and hit save changes.
Nothing is showing up as a photo. Do I need to be drinking stronger coffee?
Any help would be great.

here is the link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/115270907469902234689/Cr?authkey=Gv1sRgCJXj4p7QxN25hAE#5529737528572830402

Thanks,
Hoover

When you are on the page where the picture is being hosted, right click on the image and click "Copy Image Location".

Paste this into the Url location for your photo and that should do it.

Offline Hoover

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 01:21:49 PM »
Thanks for the help. I feel less anonymous now.
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline wolfter

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »
Can I get some tecno help?   I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I absolutely hate the fuzzy picture I have.  I shared it to Photobucket and sized it accordingly.  The image is perfectly clear on photobucket but shows up fuzzy here.  With the fuzzy pic, I look like I have man boobs.   Thanks guys! and gals!  (oops)
Complacency is the enemy.  ;)  Challenge yourself daily for maximum  return on investment.

Offline leatherman

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 11:21:20 AM »
sized it accordingly.
you have resized your pix entirely too small. the dimensions of the photobucket pix are 50x65 which is about half the size for this site. So the software here is stretching the picture and thus the man-boobs. for the best resolution, take your original pix resize/crop it to 100x100, and upload that one to photobucket to use - and no more blurry pix. ;)
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »
ok so what did i do wrong?  i have a box with an X?
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 02:17:09 PM »
ok so what did i do wrong?  i have a box with an X?

I fixed it for you. You left the [img] tags in - you're not supposed to. :)

Um, you might want to go into your photobucket account and crop and resize it. It should be in a 100x100 square for the best resolution.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 02:18:44 PM by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline woodshere

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 02:19:06 PM »
I fixed it for you. You left the [img] tags in - you're not supposed to. :)
  Thanks, but i am kind of a big girl but not that big!!!
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline leatherman

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 02:57:05 PM »
It should be in a 100x100 square for the best resolution.
hey woods, if you crop your pix into a square, you won't look like a squished dwarf.
check you PMs, I sent you a couple versions cropped, resized and edited. ;)
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline woodshere

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »
Thanks, much better or at least I think so and after all that's the only thing that matters... :)

Offline Roie

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »
Testing to see if my Avatar work.
Cruise on down the High Way

"When people who are not ready jump in, things can go horribly wrong. For most of us, there is always time to take a deep breath, consider one's options and make a careful, sound decision based on clinical fact, not emotion."
MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 11:22:37 AM »
Testing to see if my Avatar work.

Hey Roie, long time no see. How are you doing?

Oh, and... err... we're still not "seeing" you. If you need help with your avatar, don't hesitate to PM me.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Roie

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »
Hey Ann,
Thanks for asking.
I am doing fantastically, Really. Viral undetectable, CD4 545 and rising. (me hopes), a bit of high cholestrol, but managebale. Life very good.

I am more of a lurker then poster these days...

Cruise on down the High Way

"When people who are not ready jump in, things can go horribly wrong. For most of us, there is always time to take a deep breath, consider one's options and make a careful, sound decision based on clinical fact, not emotion."
MtD

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 11:58:12 AM »
Yippy Skippy!!!

I got it.   With lots of help from Mssr Computertutor aka leatherman aka mikie!!

Thanks!
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline leatherman

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
Thanks!
AA
Your welcome, your majesty. ;) LOL

I may be terrible in RL with names and faces; but online, I always think of everyone by their avatars/profile pix. So I'm always happy to help someone get their profile pix working. That way I have some sort of an image to match with a person to match with their words. :D
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »
Your welcome, your majesty. ;) LOL

I may be terrible in RL with names and faces; but online, I always think of everyone by their avatars/profile pix. So I'm always happy to help someone get their profile pix working. That way I have some sort of an image to match with a person to match with their words. :D

A humble servants work is never done!  :D
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 01:25:50 PM »
A humble servants work is never done!  :D

Don't feel bad Andy, I just figured all this out myself, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
Don't feel bad Andy, I just figured all this out myself, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks  ;D

I was very proud of myself & grateful to leatherman because I wouldn't have figured it out on my own.

Offline denb45

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »
I was very proud of myself & grateful to leatherman because I wouldn't have figured it out on my own.

Mikie  :-*  I figured all this out, by following the way you said to do it, in the thread, @ 1st I was a little confused w/ the whole [IMG] thingy, but low and behold it really wasn't that hard, at least the way you explained it worked THANKS SO MUCH ;) maybe this should be a sticky so others can learn how to do this...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:45:10 PM by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 02:20:58 PM »
maybe this should be a sticky so others can learn how to do this...

Um, it IS stickied and has been since April 30, 2010. It's always in the top four threads in OT. ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline denb45

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 02:22:02 PM »
Um, it IS stickied and has been since April 30, 2010. It's always in the top four threads in OT. ;D

Thanks  ;)

Offline leatherman

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
here's my standard PM, with pictures, about uploading pix for posts or avatars --->>

the biggest hassle with any pix here, be it avatar of in a post, is not being able to upload it here anymore because of damn hackers. Argh! but once you setup up a pix acct somewhere, it's not too complicated - and well worth the hassle to not have to deal with hackers getting in. ;)

so first you'll need to open up another window to set up an acct at http://photobucket.com or just to open up your photobucket acct.

then to post a pix or avatar here follow these instructions:
step 1 go to photobucket, upload a pix, then click "save and continue to my album"

step2
hover over the image you want to use until the options menu appears. click in the box where it says "DIRECT LINK" and that will automagically copy the link/url to that pix

To Change your Avatar:
Click USER above your current picture
under MODIFY PROFILE, click "Forum Profile Information"
right click, and paste into the text box at "I have my own pic"
Click CHANGE PROFILE at the bottom.
Bingo! all done

Don't forget: best size is 100X100

here's the instructions for adding a pix into a post
step 3
come back to aidsmeds and write a post or PM

click the IMAGE button (above the 3rd smiley in the toolbar - it looks like this --> )

your post should have IMG tags in it now. (it's hard to type those here for a demo cause it thinks i'm putting in a picture; but it would show like this:
[IMG][/IMG]
step 4
click between the two IMG tags
then right click/paste, or ctrl-v and that should put the direct link from photobucket that was copied

now it should read something like this:
[IMG]http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/leathermanmikie/avatars/feb_pool100.jpg[/IMG]
step 5
preview your post and
you should see this:

or something like it, only more like you :D ;D
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 09:20:59 AM »
Thanx leatherman, I figured out how to change my picture.
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline denb45

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »

Always nice to see a face in an avatar you look even better than I imagined  ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:38:52 AM by denb45 »

Offline leatherman

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
WooHoo! Good to "see" you! ;D
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 01:17:59 PM »
I got a name too.  It's Michelle
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline leatherman

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 02:52:37 PM »
I got a name too.  It's Michelle
Hey Michelle  ;D
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline denb45

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »
I got a name too.  It's Michelle

Nice to meet ya Michelle, welcome  ;)  I'm Dennis  :)

LabRat

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »
Just testing to see if my first attempt to include an avatar worked.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.