POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 12:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632652
  • Total Topics: 47924
  • Online Today: 288
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The Lutheran Church Embraces the LGBTQ Community!  (Read 833 times)

Offline PozBrian

The Lutheran Church Embraces the LGBTQ Community!
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
FTA: "After twenty-five years of deliberation, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) Church Council has abolished its anti-gay policies, effective immediately."

A great piece of news if a long time in happening. The other surprising thing is that it was pretty much not very controversial once they got down to voting and they are going back and fixing things they screwed up!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-dr-cindi-love/the-lutheran-church-embra_b_543142.html
3/8 CD4: 495, 31%, VL UD
2/1 CD4: 564, 20%.VL UD, switching to Issentress & truvada
10/11 CD4: 446, 29%, VL UD
7/11 CD4: 873, 35%, VL UD
4/11 CD4: 573, 34% VL 0
12/10 CD4: 405, 30% VL UD
9/10 CD4: 416, 31% VL UD
5/10 CD4: 393, 29% VL: UD
02/10 CD4: 423, 37% VL: UD
11/09 CD4: 379, 25% VL: UNDETECTABLE!!
10/09 CD4: 245, 25% VL: 87
9/09 CD4: 246, 24% VL: 49!
8/09 CD4: 277, 26% VL: 115
7/09 CD4: 346, 24% VL: 221
6/09 started Atripla
5/09 CD4: 326, 16%  VL:125000
4/09 HIV +, CD4: 397, 16%  VL:195000, PPD reactive

Offline weasel

Re: The Lutheran Church Embraces the LGBTQ Community!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 07:13:21 AM »

GLAD  to hear this .

Interesting reading !

My Father was Lutheran  and sort of liberal  :)

I would choose to think the decision is based on money !

The LBGT  comunity has LOTS of $$$$$$$

Any wise church  would welcome us !

Just me ,
                                                             Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »

GLAD  to hear this .

Interesting reading !

My Father was Lutheran  and sort of liberal  :)

I would choose to think the decision is based on money !

The LBGT  comunity has LOTS of $$$$$$$

Any wise church  would welcome us !

Just me ,
                                                             Weasel

While logically I agree with this I would respect a church more (don't know how this is possible) for sticking to its beliefs than caving to monetary concerns.

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »
Well, the soap opera continues. As the world turns....  :o

"US Lutheran Church abolishes anti-gay policies; Anglican leaders against gay clergy meet in Singapore."

Meanwhile on the other side of the world, some 130 leaders of the Global South Anglican Communion which comprises churches in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America are gathered in Singapore for a five-day meeting from April 19-23, to discuss the  future of the Church and the Anglican Covenant a document aimed at preventing a split in the Anglican Communion.

Episcopal Life Online (http://www.episcopalchurch.org/79425_121780_ENG_HTM.htm ) reports that among those participating in the meeting are some conservative Episcopal Church bishops and leaders of breakaway groups such as the Anglican Church in North America, which has disaffiliated itself from the established provinces in North America to seek "spiritual care" from Anglican Provinces and leaders in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South America and Uganda*.

While the term 'Global South' was more commonly used to refer to the Christian population of the developing world, the Anglican Global South is today a grouping of twenty of the thirty-eight provinces of the Anglican Communion. The term is said to have come into use in 2003 as a result of the dispute caused by the ordination of Rev Gene Robinson an openly gay non-celibate priest as a bishop in the Episcopal Church in the United States. "Increasingly, it becomes a target used by disaffected Church of England clerics for canvassing worldwide Anglican rebellion against Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams," wrote Michael Nai, director and Asian Christianity coordinator of the Centre for the Study of Christianity in Asia, Trinity Theological College in a 2008 paper titled 'The Global South Anglican: its origins and development' citing several other publications.

The Archbishop of Rwanda, Rev Emmanuel Kolini on Tuesday called for a new Anglican Ecumenical Council saying that the American Episcopal Church and the Anglican Church in Canada are heretical because they have stepped over the line in faith and morals and should no longer be considered part of, or having a voice in the affairs of the Anglican Communion, reported VirtueOnline which describes itself as the 'Voice for Global Orthodox Anglicanism.'

The website also reported that delegates are expected to discuss the impact the consecration of Rev Mary Glasspool, a non-celibate lesbian as bishop next month will have on the Anglican Communion. The American branch of the Anglican Communion is known as the Episcopal Church (TEC). David W. Virtue wrote on VirtueOnline: "The incremental innovations of TEC and the Anglican Church of Canada have been the subject of discussion for over a decade, but many believe this might be the end of the road for provinces that do not conform to Scripture on matters of human sexual behavior."

The Singapore Straits Times on Tuesday quoted Archbishop Mouneer Anis, who heads the Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East, as saying that he hoped the meeting would persuade Dr Williams [Archbishop of Canterbury] to "discipline churches which have gone the wrong way", adding that the issues of gay clergy and same-sex unions were "the only things keeping the global Anglican community from coming together".

Archbishop of Canterbury and spiritual head of the 77 million Anglicans worldwide, Dr. Rowan Williams was not present at the meeting but spoke to delegates via a pre-recorded video message on Tuesday.

The Global South Primates Steering Committee comprises Rev Peter J. Akinola, Nigeria (Chairman); Rev Emmanuel Kolini, Rwanda (Vice-Chairman); Rev John Chew, Southeast Asia (General Secretary); Rev Mouneer Anis, Jerusalem and the Middle East (Treasurer); Rev Stephen Than Myint Oo, Myanmar and Bishop Albert Chama, Dean of Central Africa.

* Members of this group supported the "Kill the Gays and their Friends" Bill in Uganda.  >:(
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »
Well at least they're not fucking little boys. :)

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.