HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Please help

(1/2) > >>

nervycat:
I am stuck in a horrible place.

3 weeks after possible exposure, I got sick. I've now had just about every symptom asssociated with ARS (no rash) . I am not exagerrating. Now (7 weeks post exposure) I have swollen tonsils (still!), conjunctivitis and, most worryingly, my right wrist and fingers are painful when I move them and are becoming increasingly immobile. I was completely healthy up until 4 weeks ago and I've never been ill like this ever. PCR DNA results are pending.

I have no idea what to do. Perhaps there is nothing to be done.

Will the hand return to normal? Should I attempt to get meds? Sit tight until results?

Any advice at all is much appreciated. Any similarly messy ARS or false ARS stories also appreciated.

RapidRod:
Possible exposure?? What type of possible exposure?

nervycat:
Oral sex on a sex worker who was menstruating (didn't realise until after when I spat some blood).

jkinatl2:
To date, there have been NO documented cases of HIv through cunnilingus. Your risk was essentially zero.

nervycat:
I am glad to hear that but a little worried about two things.

1) I may have had a puncture in my lip from where she bit me earlier in the evening.

2) Protected vaginal sex - worried that some blood got on my penis when she took off the condom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version