Main Forums > Living With HIV

HIV and the City!!

(1/8) > >>

pozguy75:
Well, here I am...In Charlotte, NC: single, pretty (enough), and HIV +ve!

I have met a lot of new people here in Charlotte, and I have noticed something that I haven't noticed before...guys want to have sex with me! I mean a lot of sex...I am not shy about telling people my status, as a matter of fact, I am fairly open about it...especially when engaging in the nasty!!

I think my full disclosure, has actually helped me...meaning, it seems to weed out the people that don't matter...As Dr. Seuss said: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." And in my recent experiences, this has proven to be absolutely true!

I have taken an extended absence from the forums recently, because I needed to wrap my head around my being single after 9 years...I find myself getting to like the single life...no one to answer to but me. And yet in this city that hustle and bustles I seem to feel alone...every now and again. But please no one feel sorry for me, for feeling this way...it is actually welcomed. I am enjoying my alone time...I have made some fast friends and we hang out a few times a week and that makes all the better.

Any way back to the sex part...I feel liberated in a way...because, the feelings of shame I had before, seem to be dissipating to the nether reaches of my mind and soul, allowing me to move forward and feeling whole again. And yes, it includes sex...a sexual freedom so to speak. And part of the freedom is allowed me by my disclosure...which people find both refreshing and honest which they seem to appreciate. So, when a guy comes up to me in a bar...we chat, we feel each other up, I mean out...and if I feel like doing the deed...it comes out. Loud, clear and coherently. It makes me a better person, I think...but also it contributes to containing this beast that rages through my veins from getting out...because I am in control of it. No one, can take that away from me, my being in control. It really in empowering...

I have been meaning to post out here for the past few weeks, but I wasn't ready just yet...now, I am.

I have missed you all terribly, and I am sorry to have missed the gathering in Montreal...but work couldn't afford my absence, so, I made the decision to stay. So, I thought I would post a short little message of how things are, and you will be happy to note, that things are really good right now! And I am for the first time, in a very long time...happy with me...I am proud of me.

I love you all,
Jeromy

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: pozguy75 on August 25, 2006, 10:31:41 AM ---...and if I feel like doing the deed...it comes out. Loud, clear and coherently. It makes me a better person, I think...but also it contributes to containing this beast that rages through my veins from getting out...because I am in control of it. No one, can take that away from me, my being in control. It really in empowering...

--- End quote ---

Uplifting and wonderful. Thank you. My crystal ball says you will meet another pozzie and he will be your Mister Right!  8)

Matty the Damned:
What about Paul?

MtD

Alain:

AlanBama:
I'm proud of you too!  And I've missed you honey.   Glad you came back and checked in with us, and made this post.   I thought about you in Montreal ; I knew that you had planned to go but your job had a different idea in mind!

I'd say those guys in Charlotte are lucky to have you there.

Hugs,

Alan   :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version