Main Forums > Living With HIV

(1/1)

Alain:

Matty the Damned:
Alain,

I'd consider the TCA treatment option. In the hands of a competent practitioner it's a very effective method for seeing off love bumps and the associated problems (ie arse cancer). Also, given that you've got oncogenic HPV infection, you need to be monitored regularly for the rest of whatever.

As an aside I believe that HPV types 31 and 32 are also oncogenic.

If you've got a science fiction bent (and let's face it many do) the other option of being shot up the runter with laser beams could also be attractive. Such a cornucopia of treatment choices!

I envy you. ;)

MtD

Christine:
Hi Alain,
I've had a pap smear & a biopsy of the cervix come back with low-grade dysplasia. I had the same options that you were given, wait and watch, or have it taken out. In my case the procedure was called a LEEP. It is a thin piece of wire that slices then cauterizes the questionable area of the cervix. I chose to have it taken out for piece of mind. It was one less thing I had to worry about. It was successful. Nothing progressed to cancer. I still have to have pap smears every 3-6 months depending on the results. They usually always come back slightly abnormal, but nothing alarming. This was around 10 years ago.

I am glad I made the decision to have the procedure done. Hang in there. It sounds like your in good hands.
Christine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version