POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 08:15:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23596
  • Latest: crj18
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640657
  • Total Topics: 48665
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: yike need advice  (Read 674 times)

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
yike need advice
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
so this is personnal, and i'm sorry i dont mean to get too personnal on here, but i ran out of options of asking for advice.

me and my husband have been married for 4 years,

well about a month ago his mom got a notice in the mail that some chick was taking him to court for child support.  a chick he doesn't even recognize her name and my husband is the type of man who takes pride in knowing the names, dates, and little details about the girls he has slept with. 

my husband has never met this girl before, and i believe him. well the notice said they would send him a court notice too appear in texas where this woman lives. although my husband has never been to texas {granted we know she could have moved from elsewhere}

today my husband goes to collect his check from his bank account to discover that the state of texas has frozen his bank account.  all of it, without even sending us a court date.  so i will lose internet tonight, my college [online], i wont be able to buy my bactrim i need in two days, or pay for the gas to my next appointment.   there is no food in the cabinets [note there is a box of pudding and a box of crackers that is it]

what can we do to get account unfrozen?  especially knowing that my husband is not this womans baby daddy and since when can a woman randomly point to a man claim he's the babies dady and a state immediately without verification start tearing his life to shreds?
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
Re: yike need advice
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:33:36 PM »
I think you should contact a lawyer ASAP.   How your bank account can be frozen without legally establishing paternity is mind boggling. 

Obviously a DNA test will show if your hubby is the father but I'd hope your lawyer could get the Texas court to foot the bill.

Good luck!!
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:38:56 PM »
we tried to contact a lawyer they all want money upfront, can't do that though because the bank is frozen.
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 08:48:44 PM »
we tried to contact a lawyer they all want money upfront, can't do that though because the bank is frozen.

Has your husband's employer also been instructed to garnish his wages?   Maybe he could start getting paid directly and not by direct deposit.  Is there an ASO in your area?  Maybe they can help with your meds. 

Have you tried to find a Legal Aid organization?  Has he contacted the Texas department doing this crap? Maybe if he points out he never received a summons/subpoena and that without money he can't even get to Texas they might compromise. 

This sounds like a Kafka story or worse. 
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
hey they thank you for the advice we started calling around and got it cleared up =) so everything is back on track. 
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.