POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 09:45:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636494
  • Total Topics: 48310
  • Online Today: 258
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 152
Total: 157

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Does lamivudine will prevent seroconversion in four weeks?  (Read 2583 times)

Offline pleaseforgiveme

Does lamivudine will prevent seroconversion in four weeks?
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »
My problem is quite complex, I know you expert have very very very profound knowledge in the area of Anti-HIV medicine. My main question is do you really believe the Anti-HIV medicine will prolong the window period?

I met a girl in a bar in 9th November 2009, we drink together and she sit on my thigh about 30 minutes. I went back home, I found my trouser us in stained with a lot of blood. It must the girl was in the period. I check my leg, there was a wound in my left leg, even through it was surface wound, but I supposed it contacted the blood which penetrated my trouser. I was too busy to remember it again.

I meet another trouble again. I had a intercourse with a Chinese girl who was a prostitute in 30th December 2009, I finger her with my wound finger, my finger was highly peel, there was red meat, dry, maybe no blood, but the mucous membrane was apparent. I had drunken at that time,I can not remember whether there was blood from her vagina, maybe she was just in the end of period.

I had taken a test in CDC after four weeks (28th January 2010), at the same day, I also taken two pills of lamivudine, 200mg after blood test, but the result will be obtained next week(28th January). Please pay attention on the above issue, I take the blood test first, then I have taken two pills of lamivudine. I was so worry about my result that I had taken another test in 29th January, it was rapid test, the result was: negative. I think that will be ok, but, I was scared when I got the test result from CDC one week later, the result show: “can not confirm, need further test” since there was maybe one band here, I do not know how to say , maybe p24. I do not know. I believe they did the western blot test after the ELISA test since they knew there was a band here. I do not kown what is a band, maybe it is one kind of antibody. I was so scared since it was just four weeks test result, maybe it means the antibody is emerging. I was also confused why the rapd test result after eating two pills of lamivudine was negative? Does the drug suppress the antibody? I had taken the third test in a hospital in six week (8 February), the rapid test and ELISA, 4th generation, the result was, antigen: negative, antibody: negative. The rapid test result was also : negative. I can not move on since I know the lamivudine, one of main anti-HIV medicine for preventing HIV infection in the PEP procedure, will delay the window period. Although it must be used with another drug and in the 24 hours after exposure, but do you believe it will be effect in the four weeks? I had taken the test in Nine week, the rapid test and ELISA too, the result is also: negative, the ELISA result, antigen: negative, antibody: negative. I had taken another test in Eleven week(80days) from CDC and hospital, Both of them result is negative.

My question is following:
1. In your professional knowledge, do you believe I am infectious in generally consider the whole factors?
2. Can you let me know in conclusive, does the lamivudine will prolong the window period?
3. I suspect the lamivudine suppress the antibody emerging so the following test results are negative, does it correct? If so, that means, I am really be infectious, right?
4. As far as I know, you have very good knowledge and experience in this field, would you please help me analyse the possibility I am contracting the HIV?
5. Do you suggest me take another test, and how long it will be?
6. As far as I know, PEP need 6 or 12 month to test in order for confirm, do you suggest me do the test after 3 month of exposure?

I was so scared, I love my wife, I am really regret for the Behaviour, and promise never do that again, would you please help and give me a good suggestion. Hope everything is fine for everybody, thanks a lot, your prompt and detail answers are really appreciated. I am in the computer everyday to waiting for your message, thanks again!

Offline RapidRod

Re: Does lamivudine will prevent seroconversion in four weeks?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:49:33 PM »
hopegivemechance, how many time do you have to be told you were never at risk? You can post to as many forums as you like the answers are not going to change.

Offline pleaseforgiveme

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:11:43 PM »
Dear Rapidrod:
        I am so sorry to ask about this question, But, please considering my situcation. My first test result in CDC really scared me. I was desperate in those days. I must found out the real reaon since I must do it. Maybe you can not understand my situcation, I lost my thought. I just sleep 3 hours everyday. I can not do any thing, I just want to ask for about more expert's opinon. as you can see, the doctor hansfeld can not say conclusinve that is the reason why I ask the same question in different forum. This forum is helping the person who is worry about theiry situcation. I think I need the help from your expert so that I can survive. Your answers is really make me happy, but I am still hesitate about my behaviour and the test result as you can see. I take the test from time to time just because I am so scared, thank you for your answer.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »
As you were advised in another forum several times before you received your warning that you never had a risk. Seek professional help for your phobias.

Offline pleaseforgiveme

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 01:30:25 PM »
Dear Rapidrod:
        I am very happy you say I am never at risk and seek professional help for my phobias. Would you please evaluate my behaivor, there was a wound in my thigh, the girl sit on it, my trousers was stained by blood, Maybe the pressure from the girl penetrate the blood into my wound. I fingered the gilr's vigina and there was wound in my finger. I believe the intercourse with condom is safe sex which I am not worry about too much. But the CDC take the Western Blot test for me and the result was not quite good. The more complex situcation is I taken two pills of Anti-HIV medicie, then the antibody disappered. How an I reassure? I hope I am phobias, but I am afraid it is not. Would you kindly explain the effects about two Anti-HIV medicine in four weeks, thanks a lot. God bless you. Please forgive my worries, thanks a lot.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
You are worrying needlessly. Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV transmission. You have no sound basis in HIV science to be concerned.
Andy Velez

Offline pleaseforgiveme

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 11:14:59 PM »
thank you for your prompt answers, but I am still doubt, does it must not infect even if the girl's blood stained my trousers, the blood from trousers leaking onto my wound, also the girl sat on my leg, you know she twist her ass, there must be huge pressure penetrating her blood into my wound surface wound. I assume it belong to body fluids to body fluids since the girl sit on my leg, it was warm between the gap she and me, so the blood was directly stained my trousers and penetrating the surface wound.

another behavior is I fingered the girl, my finger was peel, highly, you can see the mucous membrane, maybe the gilr was the end of period, that means maybe there are some blood.

Please considering the above factors, and give me the correct answers, your forum is aiming those hopeless and anxious people, I really need your help. forgive me repeat ask the same question since nobody give me the clear answers in detail. I need about analysis not just one word answers.  Sorry about that.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:53:06 PM »
thank you for your prompt answers, but I am still doubt, does it must not infect even if the girl's blood stained my trousers, the blood from trousers leaking onto my wound, also the girl sat on my leg, you know she twist her ass, there must be huge pressure penetrating her blood into my wound surface wound. I assume it belong to body fluids to body fluids since the girl sit on my leg, it was warm between the gap she and me, so the blood was directly stained my trousers and penetrating the surface wound.

another behavior is I fingered the girl, my finger was peel, highly, you can see the mucous membrane, maybe the gilr was the end of period, that means maybe there are some blood.

Please considering the above factors, and give me the correct answers, your forum is aiming those hopeless and anxious people, I really need your help. forgive me repeat ask the same question since nobody give me the clear answers in detail. I need about analysis not just one word answers.  Sorry about that.

HIV is a fussy virus. It requires particular conditions to be transmitted. These conditions are found inside the body in places such as the vagina  and the rectum. You cannot catch HIV from fingering a woman even if your finger is peeling skin.

You were not at risk of HIV infection.

Also you should not take a drug like lamivudine in your situation. It is not necessary. HIV drugs are potent and can have serious side effects.

MtD

Offline pleaseforgiveme

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 02:26:06 AM »
Dear Matty:
        Thank you for your reply, I did not worry about the behavior before the CDC test. I became worried and anxious about the behavior after got the test result from CDC. I just take two pills of Lamivudine in the four weeks after exposure. at the same day I take the blood test in CDC, then I taken the two pills of lamivudine since I worried about be infectious in CDC.
I am really doubt the test result. I am also worry about the gilrs blood from her underwear penetrated into my trousers and into the wound since she sit on my leg at lest 30 minutes. There must be huge pressure from her ass to my leg wound. My Last question is does Lamivudine will suppress the antibody emerging so that it is not be check out in 50 days later after taking two pils of lamivudine? If so, how long do you suggest me to take another test for conclusive?
I am so sorry for ask this question again since nobody give me the point. Sincerely Yours.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:31:56 AM by pleaseforgiveme »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 05:20:53 AM »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 07:13:05 AM »
PFM,

Two tablets of lamivudine would make absolutely NO difference to your tests. Taking antiretrovirals for the prevention of seroconversion is called PEP and PEP must be taken for 28 days, not just two tablets. The two tablets you took would have NO effect on your tests.

As you have been told, you never had a risk in the first place. Neither of the incidents were a risk. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you won't have a risk in future either.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pleaseforgiveme

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »
Dear ann:
     your kindly response really make me reassure, thanks a lot, god bless you, you are great, thanks a lot. really appreicate your so detail answer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:20:00 AM by pleaseforgiveme »

Offline pleaseforgiveme

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 01:32:12 PM »
Dear Sir or Madam:
   I met a new problem, I went to hospital to check Chlamydia, the doctor use a stick with a cotton cap pick into my urethra. I feel so pain at that time. After I came back I found it became worse when I pee. I can remember that there were a lot of HIV infected patient to do regular check. They were just finished after I came into the doctor’s room. I am sure my urethra is heavy hurt by the stick which the doctor take test with it. So worried, The first question is if there were some virus on cotton, does it will absolutely infect me? Please note: the stick had been penetrated into my urethra. I can still remember the doctor use his glove peel my foreskin. The glove I am sure is not new one, he did not change the glove after check the previous patient, which one is infected patient. Maybe the interval time is just 2 minutes. I checked my penis, there is one small scar there. The second question is does it will be infectious if the doctor use his contaminated glove to peel my foreskin? The third question is do I need prepare PEP? Which one I know very painful? I am feel regret to check Chlamydia now, I have no any symptom in Chlamydia, why I check it, I am so stupid. Thanks a lot, I need you urgent so that I can go to CDC ask for PEP, Anyone’s prompt answer is really appreciated!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 02:17:38 PM »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 04:32:41 PM »
No, you do not need to take PEP. You're convincing me that you need some professional help to deal with the fears you are creating without any basis in fact or HIV science.

You've been warned about this so I am going to give you a 28 Time Out from this site. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name for yourself. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned if you try that.

Go get yourself help from a counselor or other professional about your fears. This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.