Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Health Care Reform: What It Means for PLWHIV

<< < (12/12)

hotpuppy:

--- Quote from: Dachshund on March 27, 2010, 09:36:13 AM ---The part of the bill that interests me is the provision that folks without insurance (me) and a preexisting condition (me again) will be able to acquire it through a high risk pool withen ninety days. It looks like there will be subsidies provided for folks on the lower end of the economic scale (definately me) to make it affordable. Also if I read the bill correctly, folks over a certain age and making under a certain amount will have the option to obtain medicaid. Not sure about that one. Anyway, I can't wait. I've been without insurance for a decade.

--- End quote ---

High risk pool with subsidies isn't going to be free.... so I wouldn't rush to get in the water til you make sure they aren't making soup!

I can afford insurance and the copays... but I do feel it.... it's not ideal, but better than nothing.  I think the dust needs to settle first before we all figure out what's going on.

In the long run I anticipate Ryan White becoming insurance and co-pay subsidies.  This will turn the ASO world on it's end which is a good thing.  It will force customer service, reduce waste, and give patients a choice which is something that is long overdue for us. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version