Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

I recently found out/ New meds

<< < (2/8) > >>

ds4146:
I am sitting here and reading this, and crying, and that is okay. I am tired of being the solid, strong one. I am so sorry about your news, however, I am crying because I am so happy for you that someone was there to hug you at such an ugly, undescribable time. I remember the day, the utter, complete disbelief, and walking out by myself. Bless your friend, your resolve not to do this alone, it will help you so much in the future. Thank you for sharing your story and I wish you the best!

MC:
matthew
Hello and welcome to the forum!! Ive been here for a few days myself and its great here.Im sorry about your testing positive.I too tested positive July 31st. It is a bit like a rollercoaster emotionally right now but we have each other and the people here and they are such a godsend!!

Lets keep in touch and share this new journey if youd like..........................

Many hugs
MC

jordan:

Hi Matthew:

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I also, thought, I couldn't be positive....I'm so healthy and do everything to take care of myself and I've never had a cold for the like the past year and half and then all of sudden I swollen lymph node.

In the back of my mind, I thought I had been careful, but apparently something happened.  The best thing you can do now is focus on you.

Did they give you 'next steps' and/or tell you to go see your PCP?

Peace

Jordan

Life:
Mathiew... My mind sees your entire story unraveling before me...  I can almost picture you and your friend in that old building and how your friend held you... Very moving..  Somethng you will not forget for the rest of your life... But, life moves on and will continue to change and evolve.. Your life honey will be one of what you want to make out of it.  This is when those gates that you have had locked up for so many years comes open.  The emotions will turn you head over heals, but always, reach out for a hand to steady you.  Never try and do this by yourself... Allow us to shoulder your burdon and allow you some peace of mind that you will get through this in good shape...   

Have you found an HIV Doc as yet? As well,  have you started to get a bit of lab work done to find out how you are in the scheme of things....   

Remember to breath, ask questions and talk to people whom you feel you can gain comfort..

Love

matthewreal:
Thank you guys for writing me. I have been dealing with this one day at a time.
I went to see an hiv doc the very next day. I am so lucky because I have insurance that just kicked in. I had every test taken and this is the scoop
vl 49,000
tcell 237
33%
I was so shocked when I got my Tcell count. Like I said I didn't ever feel sick. Its like finding out all over again that I am hiv +. I thought my t cells would be allot higher. I think I was infected about a year ago.So my doctor said we needed to take an aggressive approach. I have been on Atriplla for exactly four weeks today as of August 25th. I also had my blood work done today to see where I stand now. I will let you know next week when I find out. I'm very nervous. Ever since I have been on the meds I haven't had a good night sleep. I have the most intense vivid dreams. Very realistic in a way. I toss and turn all night. I have been taking Lanesta which helps me fall asleep but doesn't keep me asleep. I'm starting ambien for the first time tonight. I hope for at least one night of good rest. Well please let me know if you have any good ideas. Thanks so much Matthew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version