Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Ryan white funding JERKED OUT FROM UNDER ME !

<< < (2/28) > >>

Miss Philicia:
Carl, I'm not really clear on exactly what happened to you from your first post, but I hope someone can help you get this sorted out.  The whistleblower part and sending out fliers and outing you didn't make any sense to me, but maybe either you or someone else here can help me understand it.

Clearly $15,000 income/yr would be under any states cut off, even the worst ones. (at least I think so).

Is there a legal entity in Saint Louis that works with an ASO there to offer you pro bono services?  We have that here. 

If you didn't have a month of meds saved up then I'm sure this will be stressing you to no end, and maybe if you can state what meds you are on some of us here can send you some extra supplies to help ease those worries.

denb45:

--- Quote from: blackwingbear on March 12, 2010, 04:29:43 PM ---It's reasons like this that I severely hesitate to ask any questions that could possibly be construed as being difficult or challenging at the clinic I attend. I begrudgingly take the medicine they give me me, do what they tell me, nod my head, be polite and save any questions or comments I have for this forum or other sites on the internet. Since "stretching" meds or going off of them can cause resistances, not to mention the assorted problems it would cause my system, I can't risk pissing someone off. Sadly, they have people in my situation right "under their thumb".

--- End quote ---

Well yes, most all ASO's operate that way, if you don't follow the rules (whatever they may be) they will cut-you-off, and not pay for ANY, of whatever it is you get from them, it's a 2-way-street, not a one-way FREE-FOR-ALL, here in New Mexico, you have to be available every month (when they call for a follow-up) also, you have to do a 4 month FACE TO FACE with your case worker, as well as an annual re-enrollment to keep your benefits going, without ANY gaps, if YOU fail to do any of the above, then you leave them NO CHOICE, and there are lots of others and more SICKER people than you are, as funding IS and can be VERY LIMITED  :D

blackwingbear:

--- Quote from: denb45 on March 12, 2010, 04:46:57 PM --- here in New Mexico, you have to be available every month ( when they call for a follow-up) also, you have to do a 4 month FACE TO FACE with your case worker, as well as an annual re-enrollment to keep your benefits going, without ANY gaps

--- End quote ---

Yes, about the same here - and I don't mind that at all.

weasel:

As  some of you know I live in a town of 57 people !

The heath dept. sending HIV/STD  Meeting  invitations  ARE OUTTING  people !

Unlike ALL the  Churches flyers , This one had my full name and address !

Half the people in town work for the post office .

It has happened before that  someones  car and home have been burned for having  HIV/AIDS !

The clerk at the health dept KNEW of the situation and still  decided to SAVE MONEY on and envelope !

I will wait  for monday and check back and see IF  I can find some answers !

I got really pissed with the health dept . and they got even !

Not fare ! 

I feel better  just saying it !

I will NOT  loose  meds , but i loose dental and  travel pay , and when you live  125  Miles from the doctor

that adds up .

Thanks for caring , just knowing you all care gives me strenth to figure it out .

I'll post WHEN I get my Ryan White back   

Carl

denb45:

--- Quote from: weasel on March 12, 2010, 04:56:32 PM ---
 As  some of you know I live in a town of 57 people !

The heath dept. sending HIV/STD  Meeting  invitations  ARE OUTTING  people !

Unlike ALL the  Churches flyers , This one had my full name and address !

Half the people in town work for the post office .

It has happened before that  someones  car and home have been burned for having  HIV/AIDS !

The clerk at the health dept KNEW of the situation and still  decided to SAVE MONEY on and envelope !

I will wait  for monday and check back and see IF  I can find some answers !

I got really pissed with the health dept . and they got even !

Not fare ! 

I feel better  just saying it !

I will NOT  loose  meds , but i loose dental and  travel pay , and when you live  125  Miles from the doctor

that adds up .

Thanks for caring , just knowing you all care gives me strenth to figure it out .

I'll post WHEN I get my Ryan White back   

Carl

--- End quote ---

Ok well then, you need to get your Ryan White re-instated then, $15,000 a yr. is STILL POVERTY, unless the requirements for the Sate of MO. is a lot less then THIS, that might be why it was taken away form you  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version