Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Ryan white funding JERKED OUT FROM UNDER ME !

(1/28) > >>

weasel:

Well Here in Southern Missouri Whistle Blowers get screwed !

I got  OUTED by the HEATH Dept !

They sent out a flyer  with HIV/ STD  on the  flyers outside ! IN RED LETTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LIVE IN A TOWN OF 57 PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got Pissed and called ,they  said  it was a mistake !

Then  three weeks later  they   JERKED  my   Ryan White  funding . Stating  I indangered

The CASE WORKER on the phone AFTER  working HOURS    FORTY miles AWAY !

I am trying to get reinstated !   The Veterans Association did not know why I was upset !

She even said I was rich !    $ 15,000.  a year   RICH ???????????????????????

Now I will have to hire a lawyer IF i can find one !

My AIDS DOCTOR said it was Federal and Missouri could NOT just throw me out !

I am very Pissed !   

THEY OUTED ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY SENT A PLEASE FORGIVE US LETTER !

THEN  FUCKED ME BIG TIME !

NOW I WILL FIND IT HARD TO GO TO SAINT LOUIS  TWICE A MONTH !

IT IS A 250 MILE TRIP ! 

I really do NOT think one  little  Secretary should be able to throw out an AIDS VICTUM !

At the GROUP in Saint Louis some JERK said I was a consummer of AIDS !

GOD bless me I was ready to deck him !

I am not a CONSUMMER . I'M BEING CONSUMED BY AIDS !

STILL PISSED ,
                                                     CARL

Theyer:
Carl,

I am not surprised you are so angry, the events are awful, I wish you all the best for channelling that anger and getting even, take good care,
t

denb45:
15,000 a yr. is POVERTY at least in the State of New Mexico it is, if you make that here, you won't get Medicaid, QMB, or Food Stamps, however you do get (Rental Assistance,HUD Sec eight), Ryan White, and ADAP   Carl.......FIGHT FOR THIS, if you still qualify for this, if you do not, ask them WHY you don't and also tell them to explain to you WHY you don't, this just doesn't sound correct to me, that you do not at least qualify for Ryan White or ADAP :(

madbrain:

--- Quote from: weasel on March 11, 2010, 05:23:32 PM ---
   Well Here in Southern Missouri Whistle Blowers get screwed !

--- End quote ---

What whistle blowing are you referring to ?

--- Quote ---   I got  OUTED by the HEATH Dept !

They sent out a flyer  with HIV/ STD  on the  flyers outside ! IN RED LETTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LIVE IN A TOWN OF 57 PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

What did the letter say, and did they name you in it ?

--- Quote --- Then  three weeks later  they   JERKED  my   Ryan White  funding . Stating  I indangered

The CASE WORKER on the phone AFTER  working HOURS    FORTY miles AWAY !

--- End quote ---

Did they put that in writing ?

--- Quote ---  I am trying to get reinstated !   The Veterans Association did not know why I was upset !

She even said I was rich !    $ 15,000.  a year   RICH ???????????????????????

Now I will have to hire a lawyer IF i can find one !

--- End quote ---

http://www.dhss.mo.gov/HIV_AIDS/HIVMedications.pdf
It says you are eligible for ADAP in Missouri if your income is below 300% of the federal poverty level, which is $10,830, ie. up to $32,490 . You are well within the income qualifications.

--- Quote --- My AIDS DOCTOR said it was Federal and Missouri could NOT just throw me out !

--- End quote ---

It is a funded by both federal and state dollars, and it is administered by individual states.

blackwingbear:

--- Quote from: weasel on March 11, 2010, 05:23:32 PM ---   Well Here in Southern Missouri Whistle Blowers get screwed !

--- End quote ---

It's reasons like this that I severely hesitate to ask any questions that could possibly be construed as being difficult or challenging at the clinic I attend. I begrudgingly take the medicine they give me me, do what they tell me, nod my head, be polite and save any questions or comments I have for this forum or other sites on the internet. Since "stretching" meds or going off of them can cause resistances, not to mention the assorted problems it would cause my system, I can't risk pissing someone off. Sadly, they have people in my situation right "under their thumb".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version