HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

ALL NEGATIVE!

(1/3) > >>

tarkyn:
hi everyone.
about 9 months ago i had unprotected insertive oral sex with a transsexual prostitue in thailand.
it was very rough and i got a pretty bad abrasive rash from teeth contact.
about 2 months later i developed a case of mollusscum contagiosum, which is very common iin hiv positive ppl, but obviously much easier to transmit than hiv. this makes me think she was probably hiv positive.
for some reason i have become really scared in the last month or so i might have hiv, despite the fact that everything i read tells me i have no risk. the abrasive rash was what scared me... what if it cut a little and a speck of their blood contacted mine?? u know those type of thoughts.
i saw no visible blood on my penis after the incident but i was very very drunk too so i could have missed it...
i'm hoping my fear is just me projecting guilt for participating in this "immoral" act.
still i have booked in a test for tmrw afternoon.
do i need to go through with it in your opinion guys?
i have had no other risk behaviour by the way...
thanks heaps for any advice
-tarkyn

ScienceGuy25:
I have to admit upon reading this i had no idea what mollusscum contagiosum was.  However looking it up very briefly it seems to affect young children and is also spread as an STD - though maybe not a common one? I didn't however read anything about it being common in HIV+ people, not that it couldn't be as many viral infections can affect immunocompromised individuals.

Nonetheless insertive oral puts you into contact with saliva which is not a fluid that transmits HIV.  You didn't have any risk from this incident and don't need specific HIV testing in regards to your oral fun. 

You should however have regular STD testing, that includes HIV screening when you're sexually active.  Remember there are several other diseases which can be readily spread though unprotected insertive oral sex (and sometimes you can be infected with one of these and have no symptoms).  Fortunatley HIV is not transmitted from mouth to penis.

tarkyn:
thanks science guy
i have tested negative for hep c and b etc, but will get checked for the clap and everything else.
the weird thing is, i was never worried about hiv from this incident until in the last week or so, and i have no idea why i've suddenly started thinking that it could have possibly happened! stupid i know.
i'm still thinking of getting the hiv test as well just to ease my mind.

anyone else who can give me reassuring feedback it will be much appreciated!!!!
-tarkyn

ScienceGuy25:

--- Quote from: tarkyn on August 23, 2006, 10:40:50 PM ---thanks science guy
i have tested negative for hep c and b etc, but will get checked for the clap and everything else.
the weird thing is, i was never worried about hiv from this incident until in the last week or so, and i have no idea why i've suddenly started thinking that it could have possibly happened! stupid i know.
i'm still thinking of getting the hiv test as well just to ease my mind.

anyone else who can give me reassuring feedback it will be much appreciated!!!!
-tarkyn

--- End quote ---

Not stupid, very common as a matter of fact.  Make sure you know the real ways HIV is spread (unprotected intercourse) so that you can protect yourself and avoid unnecessary worries. Likewise get regular STD testing to keep yourself healthy and happy.

If the HIV test eases your mind i think its perfectly reasonable to get one when you screen for other STD's, especially if you've never been tested.  Please just try to avoid being one of those well intentioned people who comes down with every "symptom" in the book while waiting to test.  Be confident knowing your result will be negative in regards to this oral incident.

tarkyn:
ahha yeah i haven't got any false symptoms just fear!
thanks for your reassurance science guy

anyone else got any opinions? all would be very very welcome.
also any strategies to help get over irrational fear?

i'm still not sure whether i should go through with the hiv test or not now... what do others think? keeping in mind i have had no risky behaviour, only the risk in my head from the insertive oral sex...
 i go up and down, sometimes i convince myself its not possible i have it, i dont need a test etc, and i relax.
other times i'm quite worried. strange behaviour coz i'm usually a very laid back guy.
 any thoughts anyone?
any help is so so appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version