HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

question for the experts

<< < (4/4)

astro_man:
Hello,
Can someone please clarify why some people seroconvert from 6 moths and up? Is it baseed on the individual's genetics, the particular strain or type of the virus? Can this be the case if the person has a weak immune system that the body fails to produce the antibodies within 3 months mark? All the while feeling sick.
Thank you all.

Ann:
Astro,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Astro, let me remind you that you did not have a risk of infection.

People don't take longer than three months to seroconvert and test positive. There may be a few, very rare, exceptions. These are people who are on chemotherapy for cancer, anti-rejection drugs following organ transplant or people who have been injecting street drugs, every day of every week for years. Even the majority of these people will test positive within three months.

And one more time, you didn't have a risk to begin with. If you feel ill, see your doctor. Whatever is going on, it has nothing to do with hiv. You are reliably hiv negative, period, end of story.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version