POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 636874
  • Total Topics: 48341
  • Online Today: 304
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Feeling so sad  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Angel-Ronnie

Feeling so sad
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:59:59 PM »
as it is dealing with hiv is not easy, no users manuals issued when one is diagnosed, not to mention the confusion, the hurt, the questions that surrounds your every day life. Never thinking that one can be happy but when you meet someone you truly love even that is not enough.

When i met my partner i went off all websites that is linked to gaydar, manhunt, and likes of, i have deleted numbers from my phone of people i don't speak to anymore only keeping those whose lives i have touched and who touched mine.

so get home from work and took a nap as i was really exhausted, while i was sleeping BF takes my phone and go through my contacts and phone, something i haven't even concidered doing with him as it is his phone not mine. a sense of respect i guess. when i got up i made supper and he was gone just to sit come back home sitting with such a heavy mood that i started feeling uncomfortable when i asked what is wrong i was told nothing. this going on for hours, when i got into the bath he desided that he has to confess about going into my phone. this resulted into a fight as it is something I would never do to him.

so here i have to please explain all the numbers i have on my phone even those of my works people. I got into bed just to wake up with him at twelve pulling up the car park. no idea where he went or who he was with but just have to be happy with it as it is my loyalty at question not his. But a while ago december to be exact i made a pledge to him to always be faithful and loyal to him, honest and truthful to him. yet i am still waiting for that same pledge from him. when he is flying overseas i trust that nothing will go wrong that he is faithful and loyal to me.

when he is gone i don't even go out with friends or to family or to clubs as we have decided that we will not go into clubs while involved. but it seems it is again only one sided. I have lived with an ex's infidelity and lies, their insecurities now i am living it again or am i? sad just sad that he has to treat me the same way he treated his ex who did stuff around behind his back,

i'm at work from 6 am till 3 pm sometimes even later because of my line of work and my responsibilities towards my work from mondays to fridays. i take on private work with architecture to bring in extra income for us and to keep me busy on the days he is out of the country, just to be treated like this. is this worth it? really worth all this crap in life?

just needed venting sorry if this is a problem.
Bide the Wiccan law ye must,
In perfect love and perfect trust
Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill
An' ye harm none, do what ye will.

What ye send forth comes back to thee,
so ever mind the Law of three,
follow this with mind and heart,
Merry ye meet, and merry ye part.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Feeling so sad
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 05:39:30 AM »
Angel, it seems both of you have a lot of insecurity issues.  It doesn't sound like either of you trusts the other one, and that can make for a toxic relationship.  I would suggest counseling for both of you.  Maybe separate and together; separate to help you both deal with the betrayal from the other relationships, and together so you can learn how to go about beginning to trust each other, and ways to have a relationship without all these insecurities. 

Whether it's worth it or not, I don't believe is really our place to say.  Only you and he know that.  Good luck.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:30:50 AM »
Betty, i have learned from my past that i cannot comb everyone with the same brush from my past, i went to therapy to get over many issues i had in my life and that is how i got off the anti depressants. the past is just that the past i can't carry that baggage as it is to much so one has to let go of the past and the issues that may stop you from living life.

i have made many friends over the years also was a chaplain for the emergency services i did alot of counselling also to deal with my own fears so yes there will be numbers on my phone people i've helped, people who wanted to commit suicide, people newly diagnosed with hiv gay straight to me it is people who needed help.

i cannot change my past or that which was a calling but to embrace it and help others.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:53:27 AM »
Angel,

It sounds like, as Betty says, couples counseling would be a good investment.  I've been with my partner for almost 20 yrs and we have twice decided to go into couples counseling to help us.  Sometimes it takes a 3rd party to help each other see things.

I also have to ask if you really are only doing things with your partner?  You state when he is out of town that you dont' even go out with friends??  If I am reading this correctly and you are only doing things with your partner (and only seeing friends with him too??), then you probably need to understand why this is true.  Personally, I need some time out with friends and/or doing things without my other half.  He is my best friend and the person I want to spend my life with, but I can't spend every waking second with him (nor he with me).

So, I say, bring up counseling with him -- a relationship takes work.  It can be far too easy to put things off and hope they will get better, but I like to the bull by the horns.

Hugs,
Mike
Atripla - Started 12/05
Reyataz/Norvir - Added 6/06
Labs - Pre-Meds
Sep05 T=350/25% VL98,559
Nov05 288/18%  47,564
Current Labs
May2013 691/31% <20

Offline Texan38

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »
My opinion, communication is key in any relationship as well as honesty and trust.  Both of you need to talk. Why don't you go with your family or friends when he's away?  Family and friends are the biggist support system anyone can have.

A relationship is always wonderful in the beginning but it takes work to keep a relationship going and it all begins with communication and trust.  It's understandable for you to have doubts since you mentioned you used to live with infedilities, lies and insecurities in the past and you certainly don't want to live through all that again....so don't.  Work on what you have. Make things different this time around. Talk to him and find out where these insecurities are coming from. 

Good Luck.  :)
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline hotpuppy

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
I think there is something wrong with him demanding that you be loyal to him without offering the same thing.  You are his partner, not his dog.  If he goes somewhere and you want to know, ask.  If he won't answer, than you have an issue.

I also think that it's important to discuss the insecurity, not the symptom.  The symptom is that you feel your partner might be cheating so you dig through his phone and email.  The insecurity is that you are afraid of being alone, as a result you begin to think your partner might be cheating ....

When you begin to address the insecurity you will be able to move past it and affectively address it.  You can then talk about what aggravates it and what your partner can do to help you overcome it.  When you work together you will strengthen your relationship.
Don't obsess over the wrong things.  Life isn't about your numbers, it isn't about this forum, it isn't about someone's opinion.  It's about getting out there and enjoying it.   I am a person with HIV - not the other way around.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:24:02 AM »
I pretty much agree with all that's been said above.  I wouldn't demand total loyalty or honesty from another without extending the same 'courtesy'.  Likewise, I won't give those without receiving, either. 

It seems that some people treat loyalty or faithfulness like they're some sort of bragging rights.  They hold them up for you to comply with.  They take them out to show where they think you've let them down and to criticize your 'failures'.  (None of this is directed at you; just those that demand but don't give.) 

Instead of demanding these things from a partner, I think showing respect is much more important.  Sure, it can be a bit more vague, but it allows for the idiosyncrasies of each relationship.  There is very little that I do that my husband's not aware of... certainly nothing that he'd even care about.  There are obviously day to day activities that he may not know about, but who wants to be bothered by knowing that the other went to the bank during lunch, did this or that at work, etc.  By showing respect, I do my best to not do things that would upset my husband.  I don't always succeed, but I do try.  He does the same to me.  If I looked at his contacts on his phone, he'd tell me who they all are, but I'd never look at them (for the purposes of questioning him) in the first place.  Likewise, he'd not look at my contacts to try and 'catch' me at something. 

I feel for you, because what you've described shows dedication and loyalty on your part and immaturity and insecurity on his part.  In my mind, there are three options for you.  You can deal with and accept his behavior and the toll it takes on you,  he can change his behavior, or you can put a stop to having to deal with it.  I wish the best for you.

Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline wow1969

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:21:41 PM »
how long have the two of you been together? is your first disagreement? do you live together?

depending on your answers, i may or may not have something to offer .. no point in rambling if it won't help you ...

however, i will say that stopping interacting with your friends and family is extremely unhealthy .. it removes the spark that resides in side of each of us ... in most cases, it's that spark that attracts and keeps our partners ... hope things are giong well soon :-)

Offline bear60

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
Angel
If he is controlling and insecure, demands that you expain yourself after every phone call or visit with a friend.....he is not for you.
I had a boyfriend who suspected me of cheating on him at every turn...wouldnt let me go to a bar alone....but HE was the one cheating.
Be careful, this type can also be violent.  If he like guns and knives,  leave him before anything escalates to violence.

Joel
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 02:40:38 AM »
thank you for the positive notes and concerns from all, i so appreciate your advice and input.

so we exchanged text messages yesterday and alot surfaced in those few hours we were apart. so here i contemplate what do do as I was so disappointed by all that has happened. Got home and Andy was getting ready for work as he was flying out to New York. So we sat down and we cleared the air between us.

I asked him to sit down and listen to me and I'll give him the chance to give his story. I asked him that in future if he wants to see what is on my phone is to do it infront of me not wait until i'm in bed or taking a nap. it is disrespectful. i always leave my phone on the kitchen counter so does he but the difference is my phone is on his is off. Rather look when i am awake and if you see something tel me and give me reason to explain before we explode like monday.

i have nothing to hide so my phone will always be available, i leave my laptop at home as i have no need to bring it to the office as we have pc's here to work on. so he has access to that and that alone shows that i trust him, he has my passwords to use the laptop, printers and modems. trust is what it is and why break that trust like he did on monday, as i said i am not hiding my phone or the numbers on it.

a while ago i made a pledge to him and never getting one back so i addressed this as well. he took for granted that it was for both and it was not it was my pledge to him. so he made a pledge to me yesterday before he left.

We sorted out all that was hanging like a cloud over us and have a better understanding now on how  to handle any situation. and to keep the energy open between us. as it is important to have an open communication channel between us.

i am pleased to say we have resolved the issues between us and kissed and make up.......

thank you all for your support it means alot to me

Offline TabooPrincess

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 04:05:58 AM »
I used to look through my boyfriends phone all the time and read his emails (I guessed the password)...the reason why was not from lack of trust (initially) but an intense curiosity, plus I wanted to know everything about this new man in my life, he seemed so deep and mysterious....  It got me in trouble several times.  And I knew it was wrong, I just couldn't seem to stop myself.  Now I don't bother because tbh it's boring. 

My point being that maybe you should be flattered that this guy wants to know everything about you (albeit by going about it the wrong way). Yeh maybe he's insecure, but hell aren't we all?!  See how it goes anyway x
09/ 2008 - Seroconversion
11/2008 - Tested pos, cd4 640 vl 25400
12/2008 - cd4 794 vl 27798, 35%
03/2009 - cd4 844 vl 68846, 35%
06/2009 - cd4 476 vl 49151, 33% (pregnancy confirmed)
08/2009 - cd4 464 vl 54662, 32%
Started meds for pregnancy (Kaletra, AZT, Viread)
09/2009 - cd4 841 vl 3213, 42%
10/2009 - cd4 860 vl 1088, 41%
11/2009 - cd4 771 vl 563, 38%
12/2009 - cd4 885 vl 151 42%
Discontinued meds after baby born
02/2010 - cd4 841 vl 63781, 38%
05/2010 - cd4 1080 vl 113000, 39%
08/2010 - cd4 770 vl 109242
12/2010 - cd4 642 vl 111000, 34%
06/2011 - cd4 450 vl 222000, 33%
11/2011 - cd4 419 vl 212000, 24%
03/2012 - cd4 280 vl 118000, 26% (repeated Cd4 at 360)
05/2012 -cd4 360 vl 99,190
10/2012 Atripla, cd4 690, vl 80
12/2012 Darunavir, norvir, truvada, Cd4 680, vl u/d
07/2013 cd4 750,ud

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 04:19:45 AM »
well he admitted that he is so taken by me that he can't get enough, he even said how can a sexy man like me want to be with him so my words to him was because you are just as sexy in my eyes.

we have cleared all toubles that was on the table now is to work on it.

Offline Angel-Ronnie

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 04:24:53 AM »

will upload another pic of him

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:01:27 AM by FallenAngel »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.