HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Very Quick Question...

<< < (2/15) > >>

Ann:
mc,

If you are worried about fingering a woman when she is on her period, don't do it. You don't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable - and that goes for your sexual partners too, by the way. I would hope that if you are being intimate with another person, you would be able to ask if she was on or about to start her period. Many women don't like to have sexual relations during menses anyway.

But seriously, fingering does not transmit hiv infection.

If this continues to prey on your mind, please get some support for yourself in the form of face-to-face counseling. You'd be amazed at how much that can help - give it a try. OK?

Ann

mckynsay:
Thank you, Ann, for the reply.  I am going on Monday to get counseling.  I just want to make sure that I got this, fingering does not transmit HIV infection and that includes when a woman in menstruating.  So I do NOT need to test for this incident right?  That's all.

Ann:
mc,

Fingering does NOT transmit hiv whether or not she's on her period or any other spin you can think of to put on it. Fingering is not a risk for hiv infection and no, you do not need to test over this specific incident.

Good luck with the counseling - you're doing the right thing by seeking some face-to-face support for yourself.

Ann

mckynsay:
Ann,

So ok, on Monday I saw a counselor.  I printed out this thread and told her about all the stress I'm having with this whole fingering issue.  She said that I have a lot of guilt for my actions and that I'm also stressed from other things, work, family, etc and that is adding to my irrational fear of HIV.  I told her about that night and really, I didn't have any cuts on my fingers or see blood...but...you know how some people bite their nails and stuff like that...well, I had bitten some of the skin around my fingernail and that is where all this fear is coming from.  I asked the psychologist if she thought that was a way to transmit HIV and she said that she didn't know.  That it would be best to speak with an expert?  So...I was just wondering if I had bitten around the skin, and say I got blood from the girl's period (even though I never saw blood) could it happen to me???  Or would I need a fresh, deep, open cut to transmit? 

Again, I took your advice and I don't mean to ask this question, but the psychologist did not know and you guys are the only experts that I can trust.  She said that once I speak to an expert and get my question answered, then we can continue to work through my other issues and work through this "irrational fear".  Sorry to bother you guys again.

Again, no deep bleeding wound...just skin bitten around a fingernail that was bleeding earlier in the day.  It never turned into a scab so I don't know if that means it was so shallow... I don't know...you guys are the experts.

Ann:
mc,

You've already had the answer to that question.

--- Quote ---[Fingering does NOT transmit hiv whether or not she's on her period or any other spin you can think of to put on it. Fingering is not a risk for hiv infection and no, you do not need to test over this specific incident.
--- End quote ---

Any other spin means just that - including cuts, hangnails and bitten skin. Fingering is NOT a risk for hiv infection. No way, no how. Not in the real world.

Not one person has ever become infected through fingering in all of the twenty-five year history of this pandemic, and you will not be the first.

Good luck with the counseling. Stick with it - you're worth it.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version